Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Problems getting a T60

T60/T61 series specific matters only
shadowwyvern

Problems getting a T60

#1 Post by shadowwyvern » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:47 am

Hello, this is my first post here :)

Unfortunately, I am inaugurating my account with a problem. On the 14 of Febuary, I ordered a T60 directly from lenovo, T5500, SXVGA+, 1GB ram x1400 ... The estimated ship date was 22 Febuary. On aroudn the 20th, I called to make sure that date was still acurate, and a rep told me it was a confirmed date. But come the 22nd, my order got pushed back another 2 weeks. By that time, I would only be a few days from spending a week in a sales tax free state, so I called them up, changed the shipping address and changed my processor to a T5600. I was told the changes would take effect in 24 hours. 36 hours later I called and found out they had not even been requested :( So I finally got the changes made, and was told it would delay my order by about 3 days. Not so, the system is supposed to ship out on the 22nd, 1 weekend day before I return from vacation. So I called them up again, and made my frustrations clear, ad managed to get upgraded shipping and had y order put on the critical list. 2 day is the best they an do apparently, even though UPS offers same day service from China... (Sonic Air). A few more calls and I actually managed to speak to a real manager, who agreed to give me 10% back and added me to the "Expediated list", which the lower level people did not even know existed (??).

Sorry for the rant-style description, but this has been getting somewhat absurd. Is it true that Lenovo has been having SXGA+ supply issues? And what are your experiences with the "critical" and "expediated" lists?

What irritatesm me most is that twice during this order, after a rep complaining about not having SXGA panels, I saw buy today ship today models with those "rare" panels...

Any other tips to try and make this thing ship sometime this century?

shadowwyvern

#2 Post by shadowwyvern » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:58 am

Well, another "confirmed ship date" (Friday) has come and gone...
Is there any way to get in touch with someone from lenovo on the weekend? At this point I am seriously considering calling Lenvo's Global Vice President of marketing, who conveniently posted a phone number on the Lenovo blog. However, before bothering him, is this a widespeard problem? or is mine an isolated case?

Also, what am I supposed to interpret from 126 views and no responses? Am I being unreasonable?

mightaswell

#3 Post by mightaswell » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:48 pm

My T60 got delayed as well. I was told 3 different stories from 3 different sales reps. In the end I finally got my T60 and I couldn't be happier with it. It was definitely worth the wait.
T60

shadowwyvern

#4 Post by shadowwyvern » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:35 pm

I am sure I will be very happy with it :) hence my anger at all the delays. The biggest thing is that it takes them forever to contact their warehouse, so even if something happens, generally even the supervisors are not aware/cannot do anything about it for at least 24 hours, which is starting to count seeing as how I will only be at the shipping adress another week...

Kyocera
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Location: North Carolina, ...in my mind I'm going to Carolina.....

#5 Post by Kyocera » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:38 pm

There is a shipping sticky post thread at the top of the t60 conference for shipping post's, rants, experiences, etc.