Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Sound quit on x41 with WinXP

X20/X21, X30/X31, X40/X41 Series
DLDavis

Sound quit on x41 with WinXP

#1 Post by DLDavis » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:15 am

Haven't used my old x41 in a year or two, decided to use it to play media on the net. However, though I used to play mp3 files on it all the time, the only sound I get from it is the occasional windows beep when I press a wrong key. I downloaded and reinstalled windows media. that didn't help. The error I get says another device or program may be using the audio. I looked into the device list...and the sound card is on interrupt 11, along with about 6 or 8 other devices. I can't figure out how to set it to a different interrupt, though that was fairly easy on win98. There are at least a couple devices I never use that are on one interrupt apiece.

Don't know what else I can do to get sound restored to this machine. Am I missing something?

sdfox7
Sophomore Member

Re: Sound quit on x41 with WinXP

#2 Post by sdfox7 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:43 pm

I wonder if uninstalling the driver and clean installing the driver would reset its setting and fix the issue.

Again, I would completely uninstall the driver, then once it is removed, install it again:

Laptops and netbooks :: ThinkPad X Series Tablet laptops :: ThinkPad X41 Tablet - Lenovo Support (US)

Audio Driver & README for Audio Driver
ThinkPad 600E (Win98); T23 (WinNT 4.0); T41 (Win2000); T61p (WinXP)
My name is Stephen Fox. I am a '18 BBA and '20 MBA student at WCSU.
Disable Google Chrome End of Support Infobar on Windows XP/Vista