Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Can someone please tell me the part number for the Thinkpad X40 (non tablet) laptop?

X20/X21, X30/X31, X40/X41 Series
lightweightthinkpad

Can someone please tell me the part number for the Thinkpad X40 (non tablet) laptop?

#1 Post by lightweightthinkpad » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:51 am

Can someone please tell me the part number for the Thinkpad X40 (non tablet) laptop? Or recommend a place to purchase this x40 battery?
I lost my x40 and purchased a new one, along with msata drive,

in this thread a while ago I had got some recommendations to contact Ron from sunset micro

/viewtopic.php?t=112320

I was recommended to purchase a battery from Ron at sunset micro and when I emailed the company I got a response from Matt at US Technology Recycling Group they are asking for the part number on the x40 battery. I emailed Sunset Micro because I don't see the battery listed on their site, and then got this response from Matt at US Tech Recycling Group after looking at this url from sunset micro

http://sunsetmicro.com/laptop-parts/batteries/

Because the x40 laptop does not come with a battery i'm not sure how to determine this part number. can anyone type out the part number that it says on their x40 laptop battery please?

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Can someone please tell me the part number for the Thinkpad X40 (non tablet) laptop?

#2 Post by RealBlackStuff » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:40 am

Click on the HMM link at the top of each page and download the X40 HMM.
All part numbers are in there.
Lovely day for a Guinness! (The Real Black Stuff)
Lenovo: X240, X250, T440p, T480, M900 Tiny.

PS: the old Boardroom website is still available on the Wayback Machine

lightweightthinkpad

Re: Can someone please tell me the part number for the Thinkpad X40 (non tablet) laptop?

#3 Post by lightweightthinkpad » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:31 pm

RealBlackStuff wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:40 am
Click on the HMM link at the top of each page and download the X40 HMM.
All part numbers are in there.
Thank you for that link.
Starting on pg. 131 of 152 #14 it lists 9 different types of batteries. I assume I should wait until I actually get the laptop in hand to determine what the precise model number of the IBM Thinkpad X40 that I have and then can determine the correct battery part number? Or are they all universale?

It looks like they made quite a lot of different X40's from pg 1 of the manual it reads "ThinkPad X40 Series
(MT 2369, 2370, 2371, 2372, 2382, 2386)"

on the eBay page it says under MPN category 2371-GHU but in the service manual it doesn't list that specific model number under the battery page section or anywhere. The listings says it comes with an untested battery so I guess I will wait and see what the battery's part number is that it comes with.

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

#4 Post by RealBlackStuff » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:44 am

ANY battery listed in that HMM will work.
You can also use ANY battery listed in the X41 HMM (non-tablet).
YOU decide what size you want.