Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

X61t SXGA+ screen bubbles

X60/X61 and X60t/X61t Series
TheHuussi

X61t SXGA+ screen bubbles

#1 Post by TheHuussi » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:46 am

Hi!
First time posting in these forums.

I'm considering buying an x61t with the sxga panel as I've found one for a pretty cheap price,
The question i have is that is it possible to fix the glue bleeding out?

I'm thinking could you push the air bubbles out by injecting some sort of "liquid" in between the screen and then sealing the edges from further leakage with strong adhesive tape?
Anyone done something similar, or are there other easy(ish) fixes?

Thanks.

unixed

Re: X61t SXGA+ screen bubbles

#2 Post by unixed » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:27 am

Hello and welcome to the forum!

If you search the forum, a beneficial practice to familiarise yourself with, you'll find this has been contemplated and tried before, but without success. If you want to use that SXGA+ screen in the tablet and can't tolerate the bubbles your only recourse is to remove the entire protective glass layer and either not use the pen or else use it with care. Your chances of successfully removing that glass on your first attempt are not good.
If you do manage to remove the protective glass layer without destroying both it and the panel, you could try replacing it using double-sided tape along the edges.
Otherwise you can replace the panel with one from a X60t (HV121P01-100) or a suitable XGA AFFS screen.