I have finally acquired the correct SXGA+ screen for my X61. I looked at the ithinkpad.wordpress site for instructions, but it seems to stop before completing the final steps of the mod.
Is there another link with information on how to complete the mod? I will look at the service videos, etc, for help, but I am asking if anyone who has completed the mod can offer their input. Any help is appreciated.
- Senior ThinkPadder
- Posts: 2407
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:49 am
- Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
1. Do you have the necessary parts, like the adapter cable or modified LCD cable?
2. I hope that your screen already has the protective glass removed. The one from the X61 Tablet is a royal pain to remove.
3. Another tricky part are the mounting tabs: there's one on each corner, and they need to be removed in order to fit the X61 lid. Do not use a hacksaw to cut the metal-- that's how I cracked my screen -- others have used a Dremel or other rotary tool with success.
4. Remember that without the mounting tabs, the panel is only held in place by the bezel around the screen.
I suggest using the search function with the keyword "SXGA+"to scour the X6x subforum.
Backup: X601 Core 2 Duo T8100
Toy: X60F Core Solo U1300
On loan: X220 4291-P79 i5-2520M
In pieces: two retired but working X61Ts
RIP: 760XD 9546-U9E; X61 7676-A24; and a BOE-Hydis HV121P01-100 in failed SXGA+ mod
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests