Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

X61 SXGA+ mod

X60/X61 and X60t/X61t Series
positive
Sophomore Member

X61 SXGA+ mod

#1 Post by positive » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:22 am

Hi All,

I have finally acquired the correct SXGA+ screen for my X61. I looked at the ithinkpad.wordpress site for instructions, but it seems to stop before completing the final steps of the mod.

Is there another link with information on how to complete the mod? I will look at the service videos, etc, for help, but I am asking if anyone who has completed the mod can offer their input. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

axur-delmeria
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

Re: X61 SXGA+ mod

#2 Post by axur-delmeria » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:51 am

I was unable to complete the mod, but here are my thoughts:

1. Do you have the necessary parts, like the adapter cable or modified LCD cable?

2. I hope that your screen already has the protective glass removed. The one from the X61 Tablet is a royal pain to remove.

3. Another tricky part are the mounting tabs: there's one on each corner, and they need to be removed in order to fit the X61 lid. Do not use a hacksaw to cut the metal-- that's how I cracked my screen :cry: -- others have used a Dremel or other rotary tool with success.

4. Remember that without the mounting tabs, the panel is only held in place by the bezel around the screen.

I suggest using the search function with the keyword "SXGA+"to scour the X6x subforum.
Planned Purchase: T480s i5-8350 FHD Touch
Impulse Buy: Thinkpad not named for safety reasons :lol:
RIP: X220 4291-C91 X61 7676-A24 760XD-U9E :cry: