Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Bought My First ThinkPad: X60 Tablet

X60/X61 and X60t/X61t Series
Scolirk

Bought My First ThinkPad: X60 Tablet

#1 Post by Scolirk » Thu May 03, 2018 6:48 am

Hey everyone,

I bought my first ThinkPad last week and found this community pretty quickly. Glad to see there's a dedicated community out there for ThinkPad hardware. My little X60 Tablet isn't the sought-after model people tend to want, it's just a 1.66Ghz Core Duo, 3GB of RAM, regular resolution screen, but I did upgrade to a 240GB OCZ Vertex3 SSD when I bought it. So far I'm really enjoying it, especially running Windows 10 Professional. For the most part everything seems to work, aside from the volume buttons which seem to be common, I only have two relatively consistent problems. The fingerprint scanner usually works on startup, but if I use it after the computer resumes from sleep it doesn't really work, and the WiFi will not connect from time to time, but that could also be an issue with my network, as I imagine the network chip is likely Wireless-G.

I did update the Bios to 1.15 last night, and I do have the trackpad scroll installed as well, but aside from that I haven't had to install any other drivers. Should I look for anything else that will help improve the experience with this little tablet?

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this community!

shawross

Re: Bought My First ThinkPad: X60 Tablet

#2 Post by shawross » Thu May 03, 2018 4:30 pm

Scolirk wrote:Should I look for anything else that will help improve the experience with this little tablet?

Windows 7 or a light Linux distro comes to mind.
Active --- Love the X series
X301 W 7/Mint | X201 540M L Mint | X220 2520 W7/Mint

Nostalgia
X61 T7500 / T41 T42 T43 / A31

Rogue daily driver - Samsung RV511 15.6 " Screen - W 7

Scolirk

#3 Post by Scolirk » Fri May 04, 2018 8:38 pm

I can certainly respect those who go with Linux distros for their machines, but it's not for me. Windows 10 is surprisingly good on this old tablet, I'm just looking for any additional drivers/software not found on the Lenovo site for this model that others find useful.

shawross

#4 Post by shawross » Sat May 05, 2018 10:44 am

OK and many here have tried Windows 10 or are running 10 and there are no right or wrong OS's IMO. If it works well on your X60 that is great.

By the way welcome to the Forum and enjoy your time here.

It might pay to install Lenovo System Update which will find anything you might be missing.

With Power Manager installed you can setup threshold charging which will prolong your battery life.
Active --- Love the X series
X301 W 7/Mint | X201 540M L Mint | X220 2520 W7/Mint

Nostalgia
X61 T7500 / T41 T42 T43 / A31

Rogue daily driver - Samsung RV511 15.6 " Screen - W 7