Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Thinkpad X60 good for Photoshop?

X60/X61 series specific matters only.
Saysana13B
Freshman Member

Thinkpad X60 good for Photoshop?

#1 Post by Saysana13B » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Do any users do any photoshopping?

photoshop lags on my x31, I was wondering if theres any problems with an X60 or X61.

Also is laptop-external monitor pretty nice for some folks? Any recommended monitors?

bill bolton
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Thinkpad X60 good for Photoshop?

#2 Post by bill bolton » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:58 pm

Saysana13B wrote:photoshop lags on my x31
If you want good Photoshop performance you need as much processing power and as much memory as you can throw at it.

Running Windows 7 x64 on a X61 or X200, with at least 4GB of memory and a x64 version of Photoshop is the way to go for snappy operation in the ~12" screen format.

A Solid State Drive will also help, but is still a relatively expensive option at this time.
Saysana13B wrote:Any recommended monitors?
I'm using an HP 2465 (24") at home and pair of HP 1965 monitors (19") at the office, and I am very happy with them...... but monitors are a somewhat emmotive topic at the best of times, so you will probably get a wide range of opinions on what is good and what is not.

Cheers,

Bill B.

xene
Freshman Member

Re: Thinkpad X60 good for Photoshop?

#3 Post by xene » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:28 pm

I've been running CS2 on my x60s for the past 3 years. I'm in no way a pro user but I haven't run into many problems. I've stitched together many panoramas and made composites of different photos. Just had to wait longer than I'd like - but then again I'm impatient.