Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Volunteer with Android Tablet wanted to test app

Want to know HOW TO..? Have a FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION..?
If you can't find it here, tell us and we'll publish whatever you need
ConfiguratorHelp

Volunteer with Android Tablet wanted to test app

#1 Post by ConfiguratorHelp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:30 am

I am looking for someone with money ($1.00 !!!!!) :D who would be willing to download a search engine app and try it on an Lenovo Tablet. The app reads databases created by the PC Sales Guide/Configurator, and I will create & send the volunteer a database in whatever language he/she wishes (English, French, or German) with whatever current products (ThinkPads, IdeaPads, SL/Edge models or all three in one database) complete with current prices from Business Partners, one in Canada, or one in the U.S. I also have partial, older prices for the UK, Germany, France, Belgium and Portugal. The app is called LenovoLook, and is available from

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mVhZGVyIl0

Images of what the app looks like on an Android phone are available at

www.pscfg.com/android.htm (you can contact me via that web site)

I would like to know (screen captures - are they possible on a Tablet ?) if it works, and what it looks like. If you agree, perhaps we can use your screen captures on the web site. I don't have a tablet myself to test it, although I ordered a cheapie no-name just to try it, but it won't be here for a week or two.

ConfiguratorHelp

Re: Volunteer with Android Tablet wanted to test app

#2 Post by ConfiguratorHelp » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:02 am

Update....the app mentioned above (LenovoLook for Android devices and selected BlackBerry smart phones) is free, and has been for some time now. I got my hands on several Android tablets so I could test this app, and found that while it works on older cheapie models, it does NOT work on newer tablets. This may be something to do with the Android version. I have hired a replacement programmer to look into the problem, and see if he can fix it. Stay tuned.

ConfiguratorHelp

Re: Volunteer with Android Tablet wanted to test app

#3 Post by ConfiguratorHelp » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:54 pm

The problem was solved by upgrading the version of the app.