Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Android tablet owners - volunteer wanted to test a free app with Lenovo info

Want to know HOW TO..? Have a FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION..?
If you can't find it here, tell us and we'll publish whatever you need
ConfiguratorHelp

Android tablet owners - volunteer wanted to test a free app with Lenovo info

#1 Post by ConfiguratorHelp » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:25 pm

I am looking for someone with a Lenovo/Android tablet to test an app. It works fine on every Android phone I have tested. Once you install the free app (LenovoLook - a search engine) you have to tell the app where you put the databases it can search. One really cheap Chinese tablet works fine, but on both a Samsung and an RCA tablet I tried, the tablet would not let the app access the folder where I copied the databases. Even when I created a folder specifically for the DB's, it would not allow me to access that invisible (!) folder. The database I suggest you would find most useful is US_Thinkpads.pdb, and it is downloadable from http://www.pscfg.com/downloads.html ..along with some other sample databases. There are some screen captures on that site to help you figure out what it can do.

Has anyone else ever found that an app needing access to files you create/store on a tablet, where the tablet will not allow the app to access a folder ? Curious this happens on some tablets, but no reports of problems with Android phones.....