This T60 is C2D7200 with Intel graphics and 2*2GB memory.
I'm following this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast- ... ed-pc.html
I already had 10.6.8 installed so starting is easy. Using 32GB USB stick.
Findings so far:
- Unibeast can not operate on large partitions so I had to set 4 partitions (8GB)
- First start from USB install stick did not progress from "choose language" screen. Everything seemed to be fine but it did not take any selection.
- Second start with "-x" started fine but I needed external mouse now.
- Installing now: "Time remaining: About 23 minutes" but I belive it will take much more...
- Progress bar on end and "Time remaining: Less than a minute", usb blinking slowly. Not using hd, not sure what is going on...
- Finally: "The installation is complete", hd spinning now. Still doing something.
- Installer Log has 637 rows of which 368 are some kind of errors but only 7 of them after the "PackageKit: ----- End install -----"
- hd light is still red all the time. I asked it to boot from the top menu.
- booting OSX 10.9.0 for the first time and without any flags.
- "Welcome" screen!
- "How Do You Connect?" has Wi-Fi network grayed. This needs to be fixed.
- "Setting Up Your Mac..."
- On desktop now. During installation and boot I was able to use kaybord but now it is saying "Bluetooth Keyboard Setup" "There isn't keyboard connected." But still it seems the keyboard works.
- This far this was very easy
- Trackpoing works! I did not expect that
- Screen backlight can be adjusted. This did not work on my 10.6
- Seems it did not like about multibeast, said it is from "unknow programmer" or something... ...ok, seems this is normal and I need to follow the instructions...
Will report more after some playing and sleep!
- Multibeast works after changing security settings and setting USB as first boot device in BIOS.
- VoodooHDA v2.8.4 (from Multibeast) fixed audio
- Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4d (from Multibeast) fixed wired internet
- I have AR5212 wlan, need Maverics compatible kext for that now... should be possible:
1)http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/ ... s-problem/
2)But I'm going to add 168c:1014 type into a copied IO80211Family.kext. Reading that simple injection still works in Mavericks. Example: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/198-ar9 ... 9-13a476u/ Info: http://infinitemac.com/f36/snow-leopard ... rev-t4840/
- Bluetooth keyboard setup window kept coming up. Easy fix was in advanced settings under bluetooth in System Preferences.
- Need to look at hibernation, seeing "Header real size 200 Incorrect image signature" message during boot. This should help: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/ ... al-memory/
- There are some kind of lock ups which I did not see before before. Now installing Mavericks to another partition so I can compare. There was no need to start installation with "-x" flag. I needed the press space bar couple of time when osx was waiting for bluetooth devices and I was able to start the Installation. Installation took 59 minutes.
- These "lock ups" are some kind of short "sleeps" or something. They e.g. cut download of a web page or if you write something, the first letters come but the rest are in somekind of buffer. What is funny the buffer gets to screen when i press mouse key. I don't continue with any other settings before I solve the cause (probably something trival but I need info).
- I'm reading that Intel integrated graphics (GMA950) is not supported. The has been a hack for 10.8 but not for 10.9, at least at the moments.
- I will move the hard drive to Thinkpad T400 and continue on that. However, I already know that there is no fix/kext for my wlan card (Intel 5100). Anyway...
- Now I'm reading that old 64bit GMA950 kext from 10.6.2 works so I have to try again: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread. ... 09&page=17
Would you please show me some hint 64bit GMA945 kext for T60?
I follow you step to move my T60 C2D to Mavericks with myhack.app, but when I open Safari or dmg, the screen
often become transparent and shrink, I lost control of it.
- Similar Topics
- Last post
x220 i bought a bluetooth 4.0 daughter card. while installing software update 'no bluetooth device was detected' error
Last post by GomJabbar « Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:57 amReplies: 4
Posted in ThinkPad X200/201/220 and X300/301 Series
- 4 Replies
- 1528 Views
Last post by GomJabbar
Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:57 am
- 2 Replies
- 2326 Views
Last post by RealBlackStuff
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:29 am
- 6 Replies
- 574 Views
Last post by madicetea
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:23 am
- 6 Replies
- 1053 Views
Last post by Annecy
Sun May 06, 2018 11:36 am
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests