Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

ThinkPad Keyboard with OS X

OS-X on ThinkPads
ZaZ

ThinkPad Keyboard with OS X

#1 Post by ZaZ » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:16 am

I have a 2014 Mac Mini running macOS Sierra and recently, I've been using my ThinkPad Compact Bluetooth keyboard with the Mini. For the most part it works well, with one exception. When I'm in any browser, be it Safari, Firefox, Opera, etc., and the cursor is over a link, if I press the center button to scroll, it does scroll, but it also opens the link I'm positioned over in a new tab. If it's a particularly long page, sometimes I look up and have 30 tabs open.

I'm not sure why it does it and was hoping someone here using OS X on a ThinkPad could shed some light on the issue. There's not many options in the settings. One site I saw suggested USB Overdrive, but that didn't work for me. Thanks.
ThinkPad L14 - 2.1GHz Ryzen 4650U | 16GB | 256GB | 14" FHD | Win11P
ProBook 470 G5 - 1.6GHz Core i5 | 16GB | 2.2TB | 17" FHD | Mint

Viqsi

Re: ThinkPad Keyboard with OS X

#2 Post by Viqsi » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:06 am

Ran into the same thing myself. It's apparently a problem with more recent versions of VoodooPS2Controller.kext. There's a fork out there maintained by one 'tluck' that doesn't have that issue; you can get pre-built versions from tluck's T460 Hackintosh kit (download zip file, open it up, look in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other).

Hope this helps!