Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

It is save to swap hard drives on a Lenovo/IBM

OS-X on ThinkPads
teladoy
Sophomore Member

It is save to swap hard drives on a Lenovo/IBM

#1 Post by teladoy » Sun May 24, 2009 11:46 am

I am using my R60 with double booting with KalyWay 10.5.2 working perfect no issues it is a matter of fact that I have using stop XP very much ( because I am more familiar with OSX ) but I will like to keep this hard drive as it is many times it comes very handy to have the native Windows at hand and because KalyWay 10.5.2 is so good. But because of Apple WOMD making it hard to use some programs sample Safari4 and some small App that require the Update as well of the security. For that reason and because the 2.5" drives are very affordable to get a $40-$50 one to experiment with all the new Testers. Having explain myself I will ask the question. Will it be Ok to swap hard drive sat lease ones a a week with out causing any problems on this beautiful machine?.
I am aware of the existents of the Ultrabay Slim Caddy for ThinkPads and with have a advertising seller at hand but if I do use a Ultrabay will it be a way to chose at start up I don't know? Please if you want to help me I will appreciated yours comments.
Thank you.

teladoy
Sophomore Member

Re: It is save to swap hard drives on a Lenovo/IBM

#2 Post by teladoy » Mon May 25, 2009 9:38 am

Thank you for reading my post.
The question was answer in another forum.

Thank you

nichevo
Freshman Member

#3 Post by nichevo » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:04 pm

You could post the link to the correct forum and post/comment, if you wish.
If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets

teladoy
Sophomore Member

#4 Post by teladoy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Nichevo it was long time ago hat I post this very nervos and insecure first hack.
[Will it be Ok to swap hard drive sat lease ones a a week with out causing any problems on this beautiful machine?.] Yes.
Since them I may have swap my hard drive over hundred of time on my T60, R60 and R61e I have never have any problems.
Now I am on T60 with 10.6.4 and using VMware fusion to emulale XP. I am always in mac. I use iATKOS S3
http://uphuck.ggrn.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=54
But in order to get were I am now I did a lot of hard drive swapping.
Of course the right way is using the Ultrabay Slim Caddy but I never got around owing one.
I hope this help you if you have any more questions here I am.
Mac Mini 10.8, iPad First Generation Jailbroken, T61 10.5.8