Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

10.6.X on X60/T60/X61 (CoreDuo, Core2Duo / GMA950, GMA3100)

OS-X on ThinkPads

Successful Installation Reports (with this Guide):

X60t
23%
X60s
23%
T60
35%
Other ...
20%

Total votes: 71

branflan

Re: 10.6.X on X60/T60/X61 (CoreDuo, Core2Duo / GMA950, GMA3100)

#481 Post by branflan » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:50 am

This forum and guide has been a big help in getting OSX installed on my x60s. Big thanks to everybody.

My system is relatively stable and all hardware is working. The only problem I have is with booting, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When it gets past the bootloader screen if I do not see the HDD activity light begin to flash, I know it will just hang with the progress circle spinning until eventually a small crossed out circle in a square appears. I can then reboot in either verbose or single user and it will start up fine. It is very unpredictable. Looking at the boot process while in verbose I am seeing problems with the following kexts.

atheros21 not found and kextd not available
acpi_smc_platformplugin not found and kextd not available

I am not sure how to resolve these errors. Wireless works regardless no matter if the atheros error displays or not. I've tried atherosfix.kext with no success.

Additionally sometimes I get an unsyncronized TSC error but it does not seem to effect performance or CPU temps. iSTAT still reports two cores. I was getting a ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to to full-secure message as well. Since I have no use for firewire, I just removed the kext associated with it.

Any help to address the 'not found and kextd not available' errors would be greatly appreciated. I have a feeling that they are the root of my intermittent boot problems.
x60s - Core Duo 1.6GHz, 2GB RAM

rockstar

#482 Post by rockstar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:21 pm

Radioguy wrote:This may sound odd, but I do wonder if it's possible:

Can an established OS install on a drive pulled from a MacBook, be tweaked/modded for TP compatibility/bootability while a secondary drive in a Windows or Linux environment, and become bootable as a sole drive in a TP?

I assume that to be tricky at best, and likely impossible. Yet, I would love to know. There's a rare scenario or two where this would be desirable vs. a clean install.
I always install a fresh drive via USB attached to my Macbook Pro. I mount a dmg image of the installation DVD and run the install from there. Once the installation is finished, I run the Chameleon installer and select the USB drive as the target. Then add the Extra directory with the kexts and other files for your model and then run pfix3. Insert drive into Thinkpad (or USB attached) and boot.

I would think you could take a Macbook drive and run chameleon, add Extra kexts, and run pfix3.

cghisi

#483 Post by cghisi » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:41 am

Hello,

I install MAC OSX 10.6.X on my thinkpad X60. It work's great. But I have a little problem.

When I restart my thinkpad and I remove the usk key, I have a crash of MAC OSX. A kernel panic no information, like when I had a problem with voodoHDA.
But with the usb key I have no problem.

Do you have a idea ?

Thanks and sorry for my English.
Lenovo X60
Ubuntu / Mac OSX

Great Gatsby
Freshman Member

#484 Post by Great Gatsby » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:51 am

cghisi wrote:Hello,

I install MAC OSX 10.6.X on my thinkpad X60. It work's great. But I have a little problem.

When I restart my thinkpad and I remove the usk key, I have a crash of MAC OSX. A kernel panic no information, like when I had a problem with voodoHDA.
But with the usb key I have no problem.

Do you have a idea ?

Thanks and sorry for my English.
cghisi,

quel ThinkPad X60 est-ce que tu as? Est-ce qu'il s'agit d'un ThinkPad X60 Tablet ou d'un X60s? Quand est-ce que le kernel panic se produit? Est-ce que tu as déjà essayé de réparer les Permissions sur ta partition Snow Leopard de ta disque dur avec le KextUtility 2.4.2 que Sebinouse a intégré dans le package? Est-ce que Chameleon 2.0 RC5/GM / AsereBLN 1.1.9 est correctement installé sur cette partition Snow Leopard?

Great Gatsby
Freshman Member

#485 Post by Great Gatsby » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:12 am

Great Gatsby wrote:Sorry to re-appear with a problem, but: My ThinkPad X60 Tablet 6363-2AG (Intel CoreDuo, GMA950) seems to have a problem with Sebinouse's recent MacPNT packages (currently version "2011 02 15"). Which is strange because our ThinkPads should be pretty much the same.

Here's what happens: My ThinkPad often already crashes with a kernel panic a few seconds after I have chosen the partition to boot from in AsereBLN 1.1.9. When it has once booted up successfully, the fan is cooling much more than under Windows, it runs with speeds up to 4400 rpm. The CPU Heatsink temperature also gets very high, sometimes up to 85° C, which causes the ThinkPad to power-down immediately. :(

I first thought that this was due to the Atheros 802.11abgn miniPCI card I recently build into my machine, but when I investigated the problem a bit more deeply today, I stumbled upon a few things that seem unusual to me and that would normally indicate a different cause for my problems ... :

Potentially unusual things I've noticed:

There seems to be something wrong with CPU detection and management. Booting verbose ("-v") I noticed these entries which show really strange values for BusClock and FSB speed:
  • IntelCPUMonitor: CPU family 0x6, model 0xe, stepping 0xc, cores 2, threads 0
    IntelCPUMonitor: BusClock=234MHz FSB=55298MHz
    IntelCPUMonitor: Platform string K22
    IntelCPUMonitor: CPU Tjmax 85
    AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: initialization complete
    ACPIMonitor: FAN0 registered
    ACPIMonitor: TCPU registered
    ACPIMonitor: TSYS registered
    ACPIMonitor: TAMP registered
    [...]
    Can't get kextd port.
Good news: :) Today I've tested a new Chameleon Build on my ThinkPad X60 Tablet 6363-2AG, Chameleon 2.1 r1427 to be more specific, and it seems that these new builds are now recognising BusClock and FSB correctly. :banana:

I was able to remove the following lines that I had added for Chameleon 2.0 RC5 before to get near-correct values:

Removed from org.chameleon.boot.plist:

Code: Select all

<key>SMBIOSdefaults</key>
<string>Yes</string>
Removed from SMBIOS.plist:

<key>SMexternalclock</key>
<key>166</key>
<key>SMmaximalclock</key>
<string>1667</string>
<key>SMmemspeed</key>
<string>667</string>
With these lines removed, the new Chameleon build still detected SMexternalclock=166, SMmaximalclock=1667 and SMmemspeed=664. This 2.1 r1427 build can be downloaded here in case anyone else wants to test it, too:

http://www.kexts.com/view/1711-chameleon_2.1_r1427_%5Bvs%5D.html

cghisi

#486 Post by cghisi » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:47 am

Great Gatsby

Merci d'avoir répondu, j'ai un thinkpad X60, il ne s'agit pas de la tablette. Le problème survient une fois passer chameleon.

J'ai essayer de démarrer la machine en mode single-user, mais rien n'y fais le kernel panic survient quand même.

Et par dessus le tous, j'ai formaté ma clé usb, donc je n'ai plus moyen d'accéder à l'OS. IL faudrait que je recréée un clé bootable pour pouvoir rebooter sur la machine et ainsi pouvoir réparer les droits (il me faut trouver un mac :) ).

Est t'il possible de faire cela en bootant sur un dvd snow leopard, sans casser le système ?
Lenovo X60
Ubuntu / Mac OSX

Great Gatsby
Freshman Member

#487 Post by Great Gatsby » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:09 pm

cghisi wrote:Et par dessus le tous, j'ai formaté ma clé usb, donc je n'ai plus moyen d'accéder à l'OS. IL faudrait que je recréée un clé bootable pour pouvoir rebooter sur la machine et ainsi pouvoir réparer les droits (il me faut trouver un mac :) ).

Est t'il possible de faire cela en bootant sur un dvd snow leopard, sans casser le système ?
Salut cghisi,

ça pourrait être possible avec le BootCD que Sebinouse a créé:
Sebinouse wrote:(I've made a BootCD_MacPNT (X60 with a 10.6.0 Retail DVD) if you don't have a Mac/Hack or a 8GB USB Key and if you don't need MBR ... Just follow the "Step 2" of iBoot guide and come back to "First Boot").
Comme je me suis tout de suite crée une clé USB avec un image de mon DVD d'installation (partition scheme GUID, 1 x HFS+ Journaled avec Chameleon et /Extra/Extensions, 1x HFS+ Journaled avec Mac OS X 10.6.0 Snow Leopard en licence famille), je ne l'ai pas essayé moi-même, mais si je le comprends bien, tu peux te graver ce disque que tu peux télécharger sous le lien au-dessus, le booter et puis insérer ton DVD acheté avec Snow Leopard. Le menu de l'installer de Snow Leopard va te permettre de lancer le disk utility avec lequel tu peux réparer les permissions sur la partition de ta disque dur.

rockstar

#488 Post by rockstar » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:45 pm

und3rf0rce wrote

Of course you can add them.
And i can confirm, that there is no need to fix/recompile AppleACPIBatteryManager.
Only DSDT fix is needed (to inform batterymanager that there is no battery in BAT1 bay)
und3rf0ce...

Did you modify the DSDT and get the original AppleACPIBatteryManager to work ?

If I use your AppleACPIBatteryManager, it seems to work OK on my buddy's X60, but not so well on my X61s. On the X61s, when on battery where I need it the most, it does not show the charge level despite choosing time or percentage. It only show "Not Charging". This is not too helpful on letting me know when I need to save my work before the battery runs out.

So I think editing the DSDT to remove BAT1 is the way to go. Did you do this? I am at a loss as how to go about it.

und3rf0rce

#489 Post by und3rf0rce » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:55 pm

rockstar wrote:und3rf0ce...

Did you modify the DSDT and get the original AppleACPIBatteryManager to work ?

If I use your AppleACPIBatteryManager, it seems to work OK on my buddy's X60, but not so well on my X61s. On the X61s, when on battery where I need it the most, it does not show the charge level despite choosing time or percentage. It only show "Not Charging". This is not too helpful on letting me know when I need to save my work before the battery runs out.

So I think editing the DSDT to remove BAT1 is the way to go. Did you do this? I am at a loss as how to go about it.
Maybe your DSDT has different BAT* blocks. Original/untouched BatteryManager checks for _STA in each BAT, to determine if battery present in slot. I think my _STA values are different from yours, so you need to correct BatteryManager (or DSDT).

In my case, "Not charging" shows when BatteryManager reads values from UltrabayBattery. If you don't want to recompile BatteryManager, then make changes in your DSDT (ex.: delete BAT1, or replace BAT0 with BAT1, etc.)
Apple MacBook Pro 13" (MC990LL/A)
and
IBM ThinkPad X61s (7668-CTO)
Intel Core 2 Duo L7500 @ 1.6 GHz, 2 GB DDR2, 320 GB @ 7200 Seagate, Atheros (as AirPort Extreme)
MacOS 10.6.7 w/ Sebinouse's fixes & Anastasius DSDT + modded AppleHDA.kext

rockstar

#490 Post by rockstar » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:49 pm

und3rf0ce

I am using the DSDT that is in the 2/15/2011 package for the X61 C2D with X3100. I would think it is the same one that you are using. My battery symbol in the menu bar shows a picture of a battery with a plug in the middle and says "Not Charging" This is when plugged into AC. If I click on the battery symbol, the pull down shows 2 Internal Battery Symbols with AC. If I unplug the AC, one of those symbols in the pull down changes to show a partial charge, the bottom symbol still shows the AC icon.

This is on a X61s which I think you are also using.

You mentioned _STA is checked by BatteryManager. I could not find _STA in the BatteryManager source you supplied. I can only find _STA in the DSDT file. As BAT0 and BAT1 ar referenced often in the DSDT, removing one of those blocks causes lots of errors.

As you can tell, I am stumbling here. BTW, on a X60 Core Duo using it's DSDT, the battery displays correctly.

Am I the only one having this problem on an X61 ?? If I can get this fixed, it is a pretty solid installation.

und3rf0rce

#491 Post by und3rf0rce » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:09 pm

we have 2 batteries in dsdt, and both of them are vidible for batterymanager
you need to force batterymanager to recognize and show information about only one "real" battery
to do so, you can go several ways:
- delete bat1 block in dsdt. but unfortunately it is not so easy
- edit batterymanager, and force it to use different value to determine active battery (need a lot of time to dig through code and dsdt bat0 and bat1 blocks)
- edit both dsdt and batterymanager: change _sta value @bat0 in dsdt (make it different from _sta value @bat1), and in batterymanager use this value to determine which battery is bat0, to read information only about it.
i've spent a lot of time to debug batterymanager, and determine why it shows both batteries - in my case, 'cause of broken battery detection.
and
Intel Core 2 Duo L7500 @ 1.6 GHz, 2 GB DDR2, 320 GB @ 7200 Seagate, Atheros (as AirPort Extreme)

rockstar

#492 Post by rockstar » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:27 pm

und3rf0ce,

Another question for you. I think you have a X61s. But yours works correctly with BatteryManager and mine does not.
What DSDT are you using with your ACPIBatteryManager.kext ? I am using the one in the 2/15/2011 package. I see in your signature you specify "MacOS 10.6.7 w/ Sebinouse's fixes & Anastasius DSDT + modded AppleHDA.kext "

Maybe you are using a different DSDT than what I am using.

und3rf0rce

#493 Post by und3rf0rce » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:48 am

rockstar,

unfortunately i don't have my dsdt, to share right now
try this way - open dsdt, find bat1 block and change _STA method to:

Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
{
    Return (0x0F)
}
in this case you don't need to modify kext
and

naquaada

#494 Post by naquaada » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:54 am

Hello, I tried some methods to create a botable USB stick but didn't get full success yet.

I have an Thinkpad X61 Tablet with Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz, Intel X3100 and 2 GB RAM, my stationary system is an AMD-Opteron based OSx86 machine running 10.5.8.
From this thread I got me the 2011 02 15 MacPNT folder and created an GUID-formatted USB stick based on a 10.6.7 DVD. To clone it onto my 8 GB stick (7.2 GB after formatting with GUID) I have to remove the printer driver packages and have to defrag it with iDefrag, so that all data is at the beginning of the drive.

1. Already the first step is problematic: The Chameleon RC4-AsereBLN-1.1.9 package doesn't finish. The package receipt is in the root folder of my boot volume, the installer hangs, I have to kill it using Activity Monitor.
2. Then I created an Extra folder with the neccessary data (default Extra folder from the MacPNT folder and the files from the x61/3100 folder) and copied it to the USB stick. I always use Path Finder for this, it has better control about file permissions and so on. I have not copied the MacPNT folder to the root of this drive, I place additional software in a special folder onto the stick. I also modify the Chameleon Prefs file com.apple.boot.plist to verbose mode (-v).
3. I can't use the 'pfix3' command, it repairs file permissions, but it doesn't create an Extensions.mkext file, showing errors that the kextcache command doesn't support an option -- q or something like that. The Kext Utility also doesn't work. So I'm doing it manually using the terminal command

kextcache -m Volumes/USBdrive/Extra/Extensions.mkext -v -z /Volumes/USBDrive/Extra/Extensions
That works.

4. After several attempts I got the stick booting on my Thinkpad, but it was often hanging. I also tried adding the Extra kexts into the standard /System/Library/Extensions folder and booted with option -f to rebuild the kextcache during booting. With the result of a kernel panic after loading VoodooHDA.kext, showing a Kernel version 10.7.x. I removed VoodooHDA and created the Extensions again, now I got to the installation screen. But no keyboard or trackpoint were working, although the drivers were installed. I had to move the kexts which were in the Plugins folder of the VoodooPS2Controller.kext to the Extra/Extensions folder, rebuild the kextcache again, now it works.
5. Now it seemed fine, I got to the installation screen, selected my language - and got a message 'You can't install MacOS X on this computer - do you want to restore from an Time Machine backup'. Hm, I had a MBR formatted drive in the Thinkpad, so I started disk Utility from the Applications menu and formatted it as a two-partition system with GUID partition table, of course with HFS+. Reboot from the stick - same problem. Then I renamed the disk to 'HDD Snow' as mentioned in the guide - still doesn't work.

Actually I have no idea anymore, I didn't found a similar problem. It's also rather annoying because I'm a well experienced OSx86 user, had my first AMD system running in May 2006. But I have no Snow Leopard experience because the AMD support wasn't so good and I would have to change all my ATI Radeon HD2600XT's - and if you have four identical systems this isn't so a nice. Especcially if the 2600XT is working perfect in Leopard, I can 'overclock' my 1600x1200 TFT to a real resolution of 2048x1536 - and it looks great.

Some other things about the Thinkpad x61 tablet: I have it only for a few days now, so I wanted to ask if it supports 1 TB-drives. Western Digital has some with 9.5mm height. Has anyone tried Windows XP Tablet Edition in VirtualBox? It's working fine direct installed, but I'm no Windows user anymore, so I wanted to know if there are problems with the tablet functions, especcially when used in window mode. To the blue ThinkVantage key: On my system it booted into some kind of Windows recovery partition, it is possible to assign the key to a function during startup? I haven't checked the BIOS yet. In OS X it's possible to use SpecialKeys for this, but during startup?

krymson

#495 Post by krymson » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:09 am

I'm having some serious problems using the MacPNT/iBoot Boot CD.

When I load the Snow Leopard CD using the bootloader, I immediately get a kernel panic and a message "Version mismatch between kernel and CPU PM"

Just wanted to check if anyone else gets this problem and if this is a problem I could fix by opening and modifying the ISO before I burn it.
X60s w/UltraBase
1.67GHz Core Duo
Snow Leopard 10.6.3

Sebinouse

#496 Post by Sebinouse » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:10 am

krymson wrote:I'm having some serious problems using the MacPNT/iBoot Boot CD.

When I load the Snow Leopard CD using the bootloader, I immediately get a kernel panic and a message "Version mismatch between kernel and CPU PM"

Just wanted to check if anyone else gets this problem and if this is a problem I could fix by opening and modifying the ISO before I burn it.
I think I already had this error previously ... I don't remember when ...

Which ISO did you use ? The boot CD is meant to be used with 10.6.0 ONLY ...
Lenovo X60t (6363-AQ8)
  • Intel CoreDuo 1,67 GHz (L2400)
  • 3 Go / 320 Go / GMA950 / FW 400 / SD Card
  • Bluetooth / Wifi AR5BXB6 / Tablet
WinXP / MacOSX 10.6.8 (DSDT patch and vanilla SLE)

Sebinouse

#497 Post by Sebinouse » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:17 am

For those who are wondering about "10.7.X on X60t", you can have a look at my Wiki !
:P

For the moment, I manage to get 10.7.0 GM to load properly (GMA950, PS2, Sound, Wifi, Battery ...), the only annoying fact is that "Finder.app" require SSSE3 support which is not handle by our CoreDuo !
:|

RoaringCore Project manage to load "Finder.app" properly on CoreDuo/CoreSolo, but I can't download the files ... too bad
:evil:

ScreenShot : http://osxonthinkpads.wikidot.com/local ... 60t/GM.png
Lenovo X60t (6363-AQ8)

naquaada

#498 Post by naquaada » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:39 am

I got an bootable USB installation stick for 10.6 now, but it stops after 'DSMOS has arrvied'. My machine:

X61 tablet Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz
X3100 Graphics, SXGA+ Display
Atheros WLAN card
Bluetooth
SIM card slot available
Fingerprintreader
1 GB RAM actual, will upgrade to 8 GB soon.

There's also an unknown Mini PCI-E card in the second slot: There are two larger Intel chips (memory?) and a small quadratic Intel chip on it, but no stickers with a FRU or else. It also features two holes for a jumper. There's a boot information about an 'Intel (RE) Managmement Engine BIOS Extension', could it be this? It's configurable via 'Ctrl-P', but if I enter the configuration menu, it requires a password. I don't know one, is there a default password? What does this thing anyway?

Sebinouse

#499 Post by Sebinouse » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:58 pm

Your system seems to be compatible ... and has already be tested except for the Sim Card Slot ...

Your unknown card seems to be some kind of IBM SSD try to remove it and then reboot ...
Lenovo X60t (6363-AQ8)

naquaada

#500 Post by naquaada » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:13 am

Yes, you're right, this is the card I have. Do you think this could be the reason? I have the problem that the screws are very tight, they still have this kind of glue on it. The screws of the WLAN card were destroyed fast, so I had to drill them out, of course I don't want to do this again. I read various things about this, some tell to heat up a screwdriver and then to try it. Could the Mini PCI-E card slot be used for other cards?

Back to the installation. From mid-2006 to 2009 I tested more than 50 OSx86 install DVDs with possibly 300 installations on 3 AMD mainboards. But nothing was so frustrating as this one. The 'DSMOS arrived' is described in Insanelymac, some got it to run by modifying graphics drivers and so on. The problem is, I got including this forum, German Thinkpad forum, InsanelyMac about four or five different x60/x61 installation packs, with three versions of the Chameleon 2.0RCx bootloader, a lot various dsmos and dsdt.aml files, various kexts and updated or undescribed modified versions with the same date and all. So, which combination is the right one to use? It could be hundreds. The various OSx86 threads aren't making it easier because everone tells other things and ways to do something. Some use VoodooHDA audio kext, others use a modified AppleHDA.kext. PCMCIA support is mentioned nowhere. Also not what happens, so is the tablet input already available when just the x60/x61 installation DVD/USB is booted? On my system it wasn't. Then there's the problem, I can't create the Extensions.mkext file for the 'Extra' folder, it won't work on my AMD Leopard system. What were you using for installation DVD's? I found a 10.6.7 DVD, I got a few times a successfull loading from USB stick, but got the message that OS X couldn't installed on this computer. I looked in Packages/OSinstall.mkext, and it was a DVD for Macbooks, only a few MacBook Pro were supported. I replaced the OSinstall.mkext from a 10.6.0 retail install DVD and it worked. But I only could boot in safe mode, and only two or three times.

The original OSx86 DVD's were fixed for PC's and had a lot of drivers onboard, using the much simpler Chameleon 1.x bootloader. That was much easier than using an unmodified install DVD and boot with 1-3-2 method or the Chameleon 2 bootloader and extra kexts. So, why could make this a little easier, if we have the same hardware? There are enough people who have a fully running system (x60/x61 and Tablet, Graphics with brightness suport, Audio, LAN, WLAN, Bluetooth, PCMCIA, Tablet & Trackpoint driver, Thinkpad key driver and perhaps SIM Preperation*) upload their 'Extra' folder, the bootloader and the OS X Installation DVD they used to a filehoster (mediafire is perfect) and post it here. They could be various versions, so a new user could try various versions, the possibility that one works it's much higher than trying combinations of various different files from different sources. There should be a new thread for it, with the download links in the first post. The file packages should have a little text file with some information, at least on which system configuration it was running.

* SIM card: I remember something about an Sierra OS X driver, the ID of the device has to be inserted and then there's at least an extension for it loaded.

EDIT: Just upgraded to 8 GB RAM, activated the long memory test in BIOS and nothing to say. Should there an error beep if something's wrong? What about BIOS settings anyway, must be something special for OS X? SATA is set to AHCI mode and all PCI interrupts are set to Auto. Default were all to Interrupt 11.

tybytech

#501 Post by tybytech » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:26 am

hi to all and many thanks for the great work .....

i have successfully installed 10.6.8 with native speedstep on X61s with GMAX3100 & C2D L7500
but with my own patches to dsdt and it works, mostly, it's not perfect yet
my current struggle is with sleep, with my dsdt it work's but i loose bluetooth after sleep
but with the one from x61 in the first post it works, including bluetooth after sleep

i have noticed that everything related to ^HKEY in dsdt from the 1st post for x61 is removed
it is related to my problem ?

i would like someday to make Fn functions to work and for this it seems necessary to have those HKEY lines from dsdt ....i gues only this is the way to go for this ...

details on my problem with sleep and bluetooth:
if i send sytem to sleep (closing lid or from menu) system goes fully to sleep with light on the moon led and imediately it wakes up but without bluetooth (Bluetooth: not available and led on bluetooth is off), after that system goes well on sleep and wakes up with the keyboard or mouse, ofcouse without bluetooth, but it goes to sleep and stays in sleep until i press a key or move the mouse ...

my guess is that after sleep bluetooh it is not powered up

i get this in kernel log :

kernel[0]: System Sleep
kernel[0]: Wake reason = USB3
kernel[0]: System Wake
kernel[0]: The USB device Biometric Coprocessor (Port 2 of Hub at 0x1a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
kernel[0]: The USB device BCM2045B (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a000000) may have caused a wake by being disconnected
kernel[0]: [BRCM2045BTHCI][SetRemoteWakeUp] failed: 0xE00002ED
kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][StartInterruptPipeRead] failed to read on the interrupt pipe: -536854449
kernel[0]: E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][SendHCIRequest] sending DeviceRequest returns e00002ed
kernel[0]: SendHCIRequest failed, error (0xe00002ed)[HCIController][setPowerStateWL] - PerformPowerStateChange() failed: 0xe00002ed.
i would like to use my own patched dsdt to avoid any malfunction or damage to pc .... and for this i ask the contributor of DSDT to X61 in the first post of Sebinouse : how can i fix my bluetooth problem ?

here is my own DSDT to day http://www.mediafire.com/?h0qbmvbdfv7uk19
if someone can have a lock and spot where my problem resides ... many thanks

i'm sorry for my english ...hope that those who read understand what i try to say

mayomustard

#502 Post by mayomustard » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:52 pm

Hi all OSX on Thinkpad X6* experts,

I've been trying to enable native power management on my X61 T7500 (Core2Duo 2.2Ghz X3100) but run into some strange issues. Basically I'm ONLY able to boot into a state with native power management and speedstep after a restart immediately following a run of Kext Utility.

I'm mostly using Tonymacx86's tools to install 10.6.8 and the various kexts needed for my system, including NullCPUPowerManagement.kext otherwise I can't boot in SL stably. And I follow this thread and the DSDT for dummies thread on this forum to edit my DSDT and LegaxyX61.kext to enable speedstep. I'm able to boot into the state with native PM and speedstep when I use the -allowAppleCPUPM flag for the Chameleon (actually Chimera) bootloader to disable NullCPUPM.kext, but only after the restart I mentioned. If I don't run Kext Utility then restart, most of the time when I try to boot with -allowAppleCPUPM I'll boot into a grey or blue screen right before the login screen with no error messages. I can't even perform a cold start with native PM. Every time I need to boot with NullCPUPM.kext in effect -> run Kext Utility -> then restart with -allowAppleCPUPM to get to the state I want with speedstep.

More detail descriptions of my issue can be found in: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php ... 82#p276882

Can someone please give me some insight on this issue? I've played with kextcache manually with no success other than the Kext Utility behavior. Or can some DSDT experts here kindly look at my DSDT can see if I've done the edits correctly to enable native power management? I've documented every changes I made to my DSDT.dsl with a /* FIX# */ ... /* FIX# END */ key block. I manually injected some code from my SSDT tables to the _PR.CPU0/1 scopes in order to get to this point. Thanks a lot! :bow:

Here's my /Extra folder with DSDT.dsl, Boot.plist, smbios.plist and LegacyX61.kext: http://db.tt/yRY9MpVB , I made all the changes myself from scratches following the guides here. Thanks again!

naquaada

#503 Post by naquaada » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:41 am

Here it's still frustrating, and I can still blame mostly the Chameleon 2.x bootloader. I added some files from mayomustards to my partially working system, and it isn't booting anyomore. Worse than that, it's not even booting if I use an USB stick with installed bootloader. The thing with loading kexts from the 'Extra' folder and very hardware-dependent settings in dsdt.aml and smbios.plist is a very bad method, because one wrong setting won't allow booting from any partition or drive anymore, I made this experience very often. My 'classic' AMD systems with non-graphical Chameleon 1.x bootloader are much easier to handle, if one of my two bootable partitions crashed I could always reboot into the other. I also could clone the complete system to three diffent nForce4 boards. Although they have different chips on the board, only one kext has to be replaced/removed, for network and for graphics.

mayomustard: What do you have for a display, SXGA (1024x768) or SGXA+ (1400x1050) ? The display was the biggest problem, I had either only lower resolution without monitor settings (no CI/QE), or like actually full resolution, but no brightness support. The frequency shows 50 Hz only, somethimes the complete screen is flickering. OpenGL was never working, the OpenGL Xbench test was always in slow motion. Are you using AppleHDA.kext for Audio or VoodooHDA.kext? Last one has more options, but it does an annoying audio feedback with the internal microphone. How many RAM do you have installed? I have 8 GB RAM, it's shown as 667 MHz but during the boot process it's shown as 591 MHz. In System Profiler the Diagnose always shows 'failed' for the RAM. But it works without problems, even with nearly 8 GB filled. Is the PCMCIA slot working on your system? It would be great for USB cards. There are 2-port cards which fit directly in the case, so they always can stay in, I have one of them in my Powerbook.

I'm using actually the iATKOS S3 DVD on USB for installation, it works rather fine. I also got a working installation of iATKOS L2 Lion 10.7.2, but there were strong graphics issues and I still not know if I can get along with Lion. Has anyone made some experiences?

pennywize

#504 Post by pennywize » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi guys!

I have an x60s that I tried to install SL on using the iBoot guide. It all went smooth until the very end of the installation, where I got the infamous 'Install failed'. I swear it was just about to complete the installation. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how did you fix it?

mayomustard

#505 Post by mayomustard » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:44 am

naquaada wrote: mayomustard: What do you have for a display, SXGA (1024x768) or SGXA+ (1400x1050) ? The display was the biggest problem, I had either only lower resolution without monitor settings (no CI/QE), or like actually full resolution, but no brightness support. The frequency shows 50 Hz only, somethimes the complete screen is flickering. OpenGL was never working, the OpenGL Xbench test was always in slow motion. Are you using AppleHDA.kext for Audio or VoodooHDA.kext? Last one has more options, but it does an annoying audio feedback with the internal microphone. How many RAM do you have installed? I have 8 GB RAM, it's shown as 667 MHz but during the boot process it's shown as 591 MHz. In System Profiler the Diagnose always shows 'failed' for the RAM. But it works without problems, even with nearly 8 GB filled. Is the PCMCIA slot working on your system? It would be great for USB cards. There are 2-port cards which fit directly in the case, so they always can stay in, I have one of them in my Powerbook.
Hi naquaada, thanks for your reply, I have a non-tablet X61 so the thinkpad display is SXGA (1024x768). Like I said my installation is very stable with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in place. It supports this native resolution with refresh rate from 40, 50, to 60 Hz, color profile, and QE/CI OOTB. Brightness works with a DSDT modification, but it was uneven so I didn't make that fix. I haven't tried using an external monitor yet. I'm using VoodooHDA 2.7.2. Since I don't care much using the microphone (internal or jack), I just turn everything down to 0 in the VoodooHDA preference pane to workaround that feedback issue. My 2 x 2GB of ram is working with no error that I am aware of. Furthermore I can't test PCMCIA since I don't have any PCMCIA card that works in SL.

I didn't really stress test my system, since I mainly care about the stability of the things that I use the most, and those have been pretty stable. HD flash video plays pretty smoothly as well. I mainly use this hackbook for development and I need it to get me through this period until the new MacBook Air or Pro comes out :mrgreen: . Again, I am using the iBoot + Multibeast + DSDT install method mainly, so YMMV.

Now I am only left with the frustrating boot issue when trying to use native Apple power management, and sleep. I always need to boot W/O apple PM for the first time, run Kext Utility, then reboot W apple PM, which is pretty annoying. But once I boot into the Desktop it's very stable, haven't seen a KP yet. With P and C states enabled my X61 idles at 0.88V and around 33 degrees C. It solves the stuttering issue for regular Flash video playback, and I'm happy.

Dittel

#506 Post by Dittel » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:17 am

Hello, colleagues!
Many thanks for this help. I've been fully novice with Mac OS in general however now I've some good experience :thumbs-UP:
My comments and descriptions.
I've T60. CoreDuo. 1.5 GB memory (0.5 base + 1.0 additional)
Max OS X 10.6.3 Retail installation disk was used.
At the first the described process doesn't take into account for BIOS settings. My first boot has the only single MacOSX for whole hard disk using therefore the SATA settings should be set up as "AHCI" type. My second installation has taken into account for available Winsows7 installed on the disk therefore this SATA must be set up as "Compatible" only otherwise the disk is not visible after first installation program boot from flash disk.
The second point: available AsereBLN installation doesn't work for disk with multiple installed OSs: restarted PC shows the only black screen without cursor activity. I've used for "pure" Chameleon system to work properly (I've found in Internet for another installation guide known as EasyKit with available softare and driver set).
As the result: I have worable system with normal grafic subsystem (Radeon 1300 Mobility - automatically found screen resolution SGXA), luminosity modification possibility, workable sound (line out and earphones are not tested yet), tempreature diagnostic works, speedstep probably works (indication is performed but it doesn't checked yet in real long work). WiFi is not defined by GUI (Intel 3945 hardware, Internet project drivers have given no help for that) - I'm waiting for new board installation (42T0825 only).
System was successfully updated from Interned by official way to 10.6.8 release.

mrskoku

#507 Post by mrskoku » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:54 am

Hello,
followed by this tutorial i have almost fully working t60 (2007-42g).
thank you! ;)
i created my own dsdt.aml file (based on DSDT Patching for Dummies - SnowLeo with 100% vanilla /S/L/E topic) so now in E/E i have only:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
VoodooBattery.kext
fakesmc.kext
sleep doesn't work - i don't know how to repair this.
but major issue is that I cannot get my screen working properly - I'm not able to generate proper device string to remove screen flickering.
can You help me with this?

my edid info is:

EDID BYTES:
0x   00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F
    ------------------------------------------------
00 | 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 30 AE 00 40 00 00 00 00
10 | 00 0F 01 03 80 FF FF FF 2F 00 00 A0 57 49 9B 26
20 | 10 48 4F 00 00 00 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01
30 | 01 01 01 01 01 01 28 15 00 40 41 00 26 30 18 88
40 | 36 00 00 00 00 00 00 18 00 00 00 FD 00 00 32 00
50 | 69 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
60 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 D1
thank you
T60, t2400, 3GB Ram, X1300 - Mac OSX 10.6.6

Sebinouse

#508 Post by Sebinouse » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:30 am

Have a look here ! :)
Lenovo X60t (6363-AQ8)

mrskoku

#509 Post by mrskoku » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:20 pm

lol it's working. :)
strange is that I tried radeonhd.kext before - and I never got this working.
but I never tried after DSDT mod.

thank you ! :)
T60, t2400, 3GB Ram, X1300 - Mac OSX 10.6.6

RistoE

#510 Post by RistoE » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:27 am

:banana:
...and thanks go to... ...Sebinouse :bow:

My T60 (1951-A47) (upgraded withT7200) is now able to run OSX.
It took some time to find working boot loader but seems that Chimera is the way to go for me.
Other settings are from Sebinouse CD image.

The install DVD was scratched or something else and I ended using image file which I was able to write to HFS+ partitioned hard disk with Ubuntu. After this everything has been so much easier.

Next target for me to is to replace my hard drive with bigger one and add OSX, Win7 and Ubuntu. I mainly use Linux at home but actually OSX should be pretty close to that.

Next I will be reading about version upgrades. 10.6.8 would be a nice upgrade but I would like if it would be easy one. I've used quite long time to get this 10.6.0 running.

EDIT(S):
- Bluetooth is "not available" but I'm not sure if I even bother to solve it. -> Works already, I have not changed anything. Maybe WLAN switch was off or rerunning pfix changed something.
- "No output devices found". Reason: I missed replacing LegacyX60T.kext, tried solving -> some kind of trouble. Boot loader does not start SL. After Chimera reinstall SL boots again but no audio. This "sudo kextload /Volumes/Snow?Leopard/Extra/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext" helps so I need to be more careful next time I try to fix this. Update: pfix solved this and now the audio works.
- Screen brightness settings does not work from keyboard
- Oct 2013: Mavericks is out. I decided to upgrade from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8. I did this with help of multibeast. Everything seems to works as well as before (not trackpoint). After other updates (6) I needed to run pfix. I would now be able to download Mavericks.
Last edited by RistoE on Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
600E (P3-850Mhz), 3*T60 (3*T7200), T400 (8600Mhz/8GB/SSD120GB), T420 (4180-CA3 with Samsung 850 mSATA 250GB), T440p (i7-4702MQ with Samsung 870EVO 1TB)