Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

3000 C200 Hinges

E.g. 3000, IdeaPad, S- and U-Series, B-Series and so on...
LoneMage

3000 C200 Hinges

#1 Post by LoneMage » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:05 am

I recently bought a Lenovo 3000 C200 off eBay since I has one before and it was not-too-shabby (it was awesome, not gonna lie). Anyways, this one arrived today and it's all good except it looks like someone has tried to break the lid off over their knee (when they were drunk or something, I don't even know).

Anyways! The lid now hangs off and has to be propped up against things to be used, and it needs new hinges since they're all wibbled out of shape. Back to eBay, hinges for this exact model are only available from the US for £40 (four times the price of the laptop :P), however, hinges for the 3000 N200 are £5 for two (which, in this economic climate is a little more reasonable). Looking at both the N200 and C200, they look identical, so I'm guessing the N200's only difference is in hardware.

So will N200 hinges fit a C200? It would be nice to have a laptop I can use without getting smirks from the Mac users in coffee shops. -_-

LoneMage

Re: 3000 C200 Hinges

#2 Post by LoneMage » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:22 pm

(update)

I figured that it wouldn't fit as the N200 had four screws on the hinges and the C200 only one. So I found an old laptop display in my box-o-junk and have been modifying (breaking bits off) those hinges and the outer casing of the C200 until everything fits. So far I've affixed one hinge which is holding the display up nicely (well...I guess). Bit of a mess, but it's a work in progress. Using it just now and I should have the other hinge put on as soon as I break the huge metal growth off it (what's this thing made of, titanium?). If I put it all together and jam some stickers over the cracks then it should look sort of good as newish! And hopefully function alright too. :D

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: 3000 C200 Hinges

#3 Post by RealBlackStuff » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:59 pm

I am just about to put a Lenovo 3000 C200 up for sale.
This is a parts/repair machine, and comes together with 2 extra motherboards, each with CPU and cooler, 1 extra fan and an extra keyboard for it.
Good working screen (tested on another laptop), good hinges, but does not boot. Don't know why.
Don't know about the extra mobos, but they are supposed to work
This came to me in a lot at an auction. I am more into Thinkpads, so can't be bothered with these.
I can sell you the whole lot, incl. shipping to Scotland, for $150.- (~£98.-) o.b.o.
Payment from abroad via PayPal or Western Union.
PM me if interested.
Lovely day for a Guinness! (The Real Black Stuff)
Lenovo: X240, X250, T440p, T480, M900 Tiny.

PS: the old Boardroom website is still available on the Wayback Machine