Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

ideapad s405 memory upgrade

E.g. 3000, IdeaPad, S- and U-Series, B-Series and so on...
Baron_ultimax

ideapad s405 memory upgrade

#1 Post by Baron_ultimax » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:36 pm

hello about a month ago i purchased an s405 from newegg was a great deal to0.
now when i ordered the thing with an 8 gig sodimm to go with it (after reading about the one slot)
when i go to put the new ram in it the darn thing wont post so i put the old stick in it works fine
look through the manual that came with it says the s405 only supports 4 gigs of memory im rather confused i call lenovo technical support they say it only supports 4 gigs and after arguing with newegg costumer support for 3 weeks iv actually opened multiple support tickets with them through one i managed to get a $30 dollar gift card the other they swear up and down that they get there advertising specs straight from lenovo and there is no way in hell they can be wrong

ti;dr what i want to know has anyone else purchased an s405 and got it working with the 8 gigs of ram because everything i can find on the internet (apart from lenovo documentation) says that it supports 8 gigs of memory. (also the ram i got matches the stock memory clock so by all logic it should work) if i get good feedback here il try it again maby i made the noob mistake of not seating the ram right

Last bumped by Baron_ultimax on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:36 pm.