- touch screen was fine until I left a usb memory stick in too long and laptop was in tablet mode and automatically went to power save hibernate. When I woke it up the touch screen isnt working and "Pen and touch" is disabled
- have read posts on lenovo support forum and now disabled USB power mngmt
- dont want to upgrade to Windows 10
- performed full Windows 8.1 RESET (no change)
- DevMngr hidden devices shows a HID-compliant touch screen "Currently this device is not connected to the computer (Code 45)
- laptop is Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro model 20266 Windows 8.1 Intel i7 4510U
The Lenovo service team denied me extended warranty and suggested I change out complete LCD hardware. Ive treated the laptop with kids gloves it hasnt a scratch. Is this problem now in firmware territory?
Removed bottom cover, disconnected and reconnected connectors from LCD screen and it worked first time after power on! Lucky, didnt pay for any new LCD hardware. My lenovo is back to her best again..
- Senior ThinkPadder
- Posts: 2492
- Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:52 am
- Location: Prague, Czech Republic
This is typical issue.brendanlarkin wrote:Removed bottom cover, disconnected and reconnected connectors from LCD screen and it worked first time after power on!
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests