Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Lenovo S440 colour

E.g. 3000, IdeaPad, S- and U-Series, B-Series and so on...
llanman

Lenovo S440 colour

#1 Post by llanman » Thu May 02, 2019 4:57 am

Hi all,
I just registered to the forum not sure where to put this question as cant see an S440 topic.
so I have just bought a Lenovo S440 laptop, battery was chronic but sorting this out with the seller, but can I do anything to improve colours it seems very like bleached viewing no vividness in colours or is this the norm ?.
your input would be very much appreciated.

Thinkpad4by3
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

Re: Lenovo S440 colour

#2 Post by Thinkpad4by3 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:04 am

Your laptop came with a TN display. These are mostly known for washed out colors and poor viewing angles. You need an IPS display, which can be replaced easy if you have a little technical know how and a few minutes to spare. They go for around 60$. I'm not sure which one you would need for a S440 though.
Thinkpad4by3's Law of the Universe.

The efficiency of two screens equally sized with equal numbers if pixels are equal. The time spent by a 4:3 user complaining about 16:9 is proportional to the inefficiency working with a 16:9 display, therefore the amount of useful work extracted is equal.

llanman

Re: Lenovo S440 colour

#3 Post by llanman » Thu May 02, 2019 8:21 am

Thinkpad4by3 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:04 am
Your laptop came with a TN display. These are mostly known for washed out colors and poor viewing angles. You need an IPS display, which can be replaced easy if you have a little technical know how and a few minutes to spare. They go for around 60$. I'm not sure which one you would need for a S440 though.
Thanks a lot Thinkpad4by3 at least i know now , your info is much appreciated cheers.