X200/X201/X220 (including equivalent tablet models) and X300/X301 Series
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:58 pm
- Location: Katy, Texas, USA
I ordered a LP125WH2-SLT1 display for my ThinkPad X220 but received a LP125WH2-SLB3 (0A66702) instead. I contacted the seller about it and they said there isn't much of a noticeable difference in display performance between the two and that the SLB3 is a newer version than the SLT1, which is discontinued right now. However, I've heard the SLT1 is brighter than the SLB3. I also looked up online that both were released around 2012 and both are discontinued.
- In terms of display quality and brightness, how does the SLT1 compare to SLB3?
- Is there a considerable difference between the two that would justify me switching over to the SLT1?
- Is there any basis to the claim that the SLB3 is newer than the SLT1 since both were in production/released in the same year?
I did check the SLB3 and it look amazing compared to the TN panel I had previously but I want to make sure I'm not missing over any performance.
- Senior ThinkPadder
- Posts: 3051
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:49 am
- Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
I think that they mistook it for the earlier SLB1 that was used in the X220.
AFAIK the differences between the SLB3 and SLT1 are negligible. Even though you didn't get the exact LCD model you wanted, it's still an IPS display that's less likely to have ghosting issues-- I'd call that a small victory.
Daily driver: X220 4291-C91 i7-2620M
Backup: X601 Core 2 Duo T8100
Toy: X60F Core Solo U1300
On loan: X220 4291-P79 i5-2520M
In pieces: two retired but working X61Ts
RIP: 760XD 9546-U9E; X61 7676-A24; and a BOE-Hydis HV121P01-100 in failed SXGA+ mod
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests