Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Upgrading X220/X230 to FHD 1080p

X200/X201/X220 (including equivalent tablet models) and X300/X301 Series
dwhacks

Re: Upgrading X220/X230 to FHD 1080p

#1081 Post by dwhacks » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:21 pm

So when I close my lid, the display is blank when I open it. If I put it to sleep and then wake it back up there's a funny light pattern in the middle of the screen (like a broken lcd) and then it comes on and functions perfectly fine. My back light works even when the screen is blank.

Is this my sense wire? what exactly does the sense wire do? is it only in charge of brightness controls, or is there more to it.

akatora

#1082 Post by akatora » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:04 am

Hello everyone,

I'm kinda at my wits end.
I purchased a modded X230 from a seller on Taobao (I currently live in China, so that was the easiest option.).
The X230 comes with a 13.3" 1080p display (attached as DP3), which works great under windows. However, when using Linux things start getting strange.
In roughly 5% of the cases, I can boot the X230, and use xrandr to set my displays correctly. Then everything, including brightness control works just fine.
Unfortunately, in 95% of the cases the DP3 display doesn't get detected properly, and xrandr gives me the message "DP3 is not disconnected but has no modes". I tried adding modes manually, but that didn't work either.
I saw some patches to the i915 kernel module posted in this thread, but I'm not sure that would solve my problem.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem before? Could you please give me some advice on what to try?

nitrocaster

#1083 Post by nitrocaster » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:05 am

1101 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:42 pm
Got black screen on BIOS, cannot see any menus and Grub, but after boot - everything works fine.

Someone in this thread said that it's the problem with 10K resistor below "b" letter, looks like i don't have it either.

Should i just bridge it?
Wow. You're right - that is a missing resistor. You can bridge it no problem.
I'm glad I moved to another PCB assembly house.
Want to buy X220/X230 FHD mod kit? Read this before sending me a PM!
T60 | X230 i7-3520M FHD Win10

nitrocaster

#1084 Post by nitrocaster » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:08 am

Gnark wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:40 am
nitrocaster wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:06 am

Are you getting no image or no backlight? Those are two different issues.
Thanks, only no image, backlight near webcam is ok and light keyboard ok too
What do you mean by backlight near webcam? Does the screen light up a little bit when you turn on the laptop or does it stay completely black?
Take 2 pictures of your installation, with all cables plugged in and without cables. Don't forget to disconnect AC adapter and battery before doing that.

nitrocaster

#1085 Post by nitrocaster » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:20 am

dwhacks wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:21 pm
So when I close my lid, the display is blank when I open it. If I put it to sleep and then wake it back up there's a funny light pattern in the middle of the screen (like a broken lcd) and then it comes on and functions perfectly fine. My back light works even when the screen is blank.

Is this my sense wire? what exactly does the sense wire do? is it only in charge of brightness controls, or is there more to it.
The sense wire is used by onboard MCU to detect video signal presence. It is not required when you use patched coreboot.
Along with that funny pattern this points to some issues with the patch.

dwhacks

#1086 Post by dwhacks » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:37 am

Im not using a patched anything. I was using coreboot before (non patched) and reverted back to the stock BIOS because of the problems. I changed the Sense wire and have the same problem.

Stock BIOS
X220
Bios and grub screen shows, linux mint does not until sleep/wake. If the screen goes off due to inactivity it also stays off and I have to put it to sleep and wake it again.

Humpauttaja

#1087 Post by Humpauttaja » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:10 pm

dwhacks wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:52 am
9R wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:41 am

I have been using coreboot with the modified vbt for a couple weeks without any regressions. Brightness control (Fn+F8/F9) and suspend work as expected.
All parts of the boot process and desktop are displayed on the fhd panel and there is no lvds-phantom output.
I running an unpatched default kernel from arch (currently 14.18.14) and use the native libgfxinit in coreboot without binary blobs from the lenovo bios.

Here's the output of make defconfig from my coreboot for reference:

Code: Select all

CONFIG_USE_OPTION_TABLE=y
CONFIG_TIMESTAMPS_ON_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_USE_BLOBS=y
CONFIG_VENDOR_LENOVO=y
CONFIG_CBFS_SIZE=0x400000
CONFIG_INTEL_GMA_VBT_FILE="src/mainboard/$(MAINBOARDDIR)/data.edp.vbt"
CONFIG_BOARD_LENOVO_X230=y
CONFIG_DRIVERS_PS2_KEYBOARD=y
CONFIG_PCIEXP_L1_SUB_STATE=y
CONFIG_PCIEXP_CLK_PM=y
CONFIG_SEABIOS_PS2_TIMEOUT=2000
CONFIG_H8_SUPPORT_BT_ON_WIFI=y
CONFIG_MAINBOARD_USE_LIBGFXINIT=y
CONFIG_GENERIC_LINEAR_FRAMEBUFFER=y
CONFIG_MRC_SETTINGS_PROTECT=y
CONFIG_DEFAULT_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL_8=y
CONFIG_SEABIOS_MASTER=y
CONFIG_COREINFO_SECONDARY_PAYLOAD=y
CONFIG_MEMTEST_SECONDARY_PAYLOAD=y
CONFIG_NVRAMCUI_SECONDARY_PAYLOAD=y
CONFIG_TINT_SECONDARY_PAYLOAD=y
Any chance someone could apply this to the x220 ? I have no idea hot to modify the VBT or I would try and copy it
I'm interested in this as well. Anybody got information on how to modify the VBT? Would be nice to get this patch for X220 too!

noisufnoc

#1088 Post by noisufnoc » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:49 am

I'm interested as well. I'm on the list for the mod and am planning on installing it in my x220 running arch and coreboot.

9R

#1089 Post by 9R » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:30 pm

Dynamicmetaflow wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:34 pm
9R wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:57 pm

Suspend works without any problems. I have not used any docks in a while but I can test with an Ultrabase3 next week.
Thank you for the confirmation that suspend works! Would you or anyone else who has successfully flashed their X230 with Coreboot be willing to share their generated .rom file?

I've tried multiple different configurations and have not had a successful flash for the X230 where everything is functional.
Sorry, it took a while to get back here.

I have run some tests with an Ultrabase 3 now. VideoOut via VGA works, I was not able to test the DisplayPort of the Ultrabase because I didn't have the right cable at hand. Power, Network & USB ports on the Ultrabase worked as expected.
While the Ultrabase was connected it initially caused some random interference on the new internal FHD panel every couple seconds. Applying tape to the connector on the relevant pins as described in the first post of this thread solved that.

I could supply my coreboot.rom, but from a security perspective I would strongly advise against flashing a bios image from $randomStrangerOnTheInternet. Also, if there is a need to update you do not want to be dependent on someone else to get a new image, do you?

On the other hand I am happy to help you building a working image from source if you let me know what does not work for you.

Dynamicmetaflow

#1090 Post by Dynamicmetaflow » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:25 pm

9R wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:30 pm
Dynamicmetaflow wrote:

Thank you for the confirmation that suspend works! Would you or anyone else who has successfully flashed their X230 with Coreboot be willing to share their generated .rom file?

I've tried multiple different configurations and have not had a successful flash for the X230 where everything is functional.

I have run some tests with an Ultrabase 3 now. VideoOut via VGA works, I was not able to test the DisplayPort of the Ultrabase because I didn't have the right cable at hand. Power, Network & USB ports on the Ultrabase worked as expected.
While the Ultrabase was connected it initially caused some random interference on the new internal FHD panel every couple seconds. Applying tape to the connector on the relevant pins as described in the first post of this thread solved that.

I could supply my coreboot.rom, but from a security perspective I would strongly advise against flashing a bios image from $randomStrangerOnTheInternet. Also, if there is a need to update you do not want to be dependent on someone else to get a new image, do you?

On the other hand I am happy to help you building a working image from source if you let me know what does not work for you.
No worries! Thank you for getting back to me and sharing information about the tests run with the Ultrabase 3.

I agree with your statement, from a security perspective it wouldn't be a wise choice. At the time I was frustrated and questioned whether or not the coreboot changes would work with the display that I have on my X230. I was looking for a confirmation it would work.

What I'm going to do next is to re-start the process of creating a working image and document my efforts to hopefully aid others in the future and I will post it somewhere. Thank you for offering to assist in this process of creating a working image! I will take you up on your offer and ask you questions if I run into any problems.

Thanks again!

Dynamicmetaflow

#1091 Post by Dynamicmetaflow » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:04 pm

9R wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:30 pm
Dynamicmetaflow wrote:

Greetings! I am working on building a working image. These are the steps that I have done so far.

git clone http://review.coreboot.org/p/coreboot
cd coreboot

#Keeps 3rd party configs and blobs up to date
git submodule update --init --checkout

# compiling the cross compiler i5 (4)
make crossgcc crossgcc-x64 crossgcc-i386 CPUS=4
Where I am running into difficulty is incorporating the changes from https://review.coreboot.org/c/coreboot/+/28950
and generating the appropriate config using make nconfig.

Once I cd into the coreboot directory, which one of the options should I choose to apply the fhd changes from the git commit b4f9a33? Checkout? Cherry Pick? Format Patch? Pull?

Thank you and this community for all the support.

ProFfeSsoRr

#1092 Post by ProFfeSsoRr » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:38 am

Hello everyone. My modded X230 worked perfectly ~1 year but last 2 weeks I have problem: 20-30 boot times no picture, no bios logo, only backlight works. I connect external monitor and see xrandr output: "eDP not connect". But after that 1-2 successfull boot without problems.. And 20-30 problem boots again :( I checked cables - it look good. What else I can check to diagnose problem?

9R

#1093 Post by 9R » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:53 pm

Dynamicmetaflow wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:04 pm

Where I am running into difficulty is incorporating the changes from https://review.coreboot.org/c/coreboot/+/28950

Once I cd into the coreboot directory, which one of the options should I choose to apply the fhd changes from the git commit b4f9a33? Checkout? Cherry Pick? Format Patch? Pull?

I'll just write up all the steps of my build process so they are in one place for future reference.

:!: Disclaimer/SIdenote for anyone without prior coreboot experience: Please familiarize yourself with the coreboot documentation instead of just c&p-ing the commands below. If you turn your x230 into a handy paperweight by following this description it is not my fault, especially if you don't read the documentation.

Start reading here:
General build HowTo -> https://www.coreboot.org/Build_HOWTO
Sandybridge specifics -> https://www.coreboot.org/Intel_Sandybri ... d_Tutorial
x230 specifics (mainly for flashing) -> https://www.coreboot.org/Board:lenovo/x230

These steps should create a bootable coreboot-image for the x230 with seabios. This image will only work with a the FHD-mod. LVDS-output will not be available.
If/when the fhd-mod gets accepted into coreboot, you can skip steps #2 & #3.

# 1. clone coreboot repo
git clone https://review.coreboot.org/coreboot.git
cd coreboot

# 2. checkout the fhd patch (c&p from download at https://review.coreboot.org/c/coreboot/+/28950 )
git fetch https://review.coreboot.org/coreboot refs/changes/50/28950/3 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD

# 3. apply all commits from master branch that happened after the patch was submitted
git rebase master FETCH_HEAD

# 4. get the submodules

# 5. build coreboot crosscompiler environment (may take a while)
make crossgcc-i386 CPUS=4

# 6. create x230 specific defconfig (remove comments in the last 5 lines if you want to add optional secondary payloads)
cat << EOF > config/defconfig
CONFIG_USE_BLOBS=y
CONFIG_VENDOR_LENOVO=y
CONFIG_BOARD_LENOVO_X230_FHD=y
CONFIG_PCIEXP_CLK_PM=y
# CONFIG_SEABIOS_MASTER=y
# CONFIG_COREINFO_SECONDARY_PAYLOAD=y
# CONFIG_MEMTEST_SECONDARY_PAYLOAD=y
# CONFIG_NVRAMCUI_SECONDARY_PAYLOAD=y
# CONFIG_TINT_SECONDARY_PAYLOAD=y
EOF

# 8. create new .config with the parameters from the defconfig you just created
make defconfig

# 9. take a look at the created configuration
make menuconfig

# 10. build coreboot image
make
The resulting image at build/coreboot.rom has a size of 12Mb. You will only need the 4Mb at the end for the upper flash chip (read links above if you don't know what that means)

First time flashing has to be done with an external programmer. :!: Detach battery & power cable from the x230 before attaching the programmer.
You can use a RaspberryPi or a buspirate (theoretically, I couldn´t make it work) as a programmer. Best option in my point of view in terms of easy of use, speed & reliability is using a CH341A programmer attached to another laptop with an additional 3.3V power source.
:!: Create a backup of the original bios (described in the links above)

After Coreboot is installed, further flashing can be done with the internal programmer.
:!: Internal flashing requires to boot with this kernel commandline parameter (eg. can be added before flashing during a reboot in grub):

iomem=relaxed
For quick and easy internal flashing you can write the flash layout to a file and pass it to flashrom like this:

#create flash layout file
cat << EOF > x230_flash_layout.txt
0x00000000:0x007fffff ifdmegbe
0x00800000:0x00bfffff bios
EOF

#flash coreboot image
sudo flashrom -p internal --layout x230_flash_layout.txt --image bios -w build/coreboot.rom
Bonus:
Since you have disassembled your x230 for flashing anyway consider deactivation intel ME, too. Further reading on this topic can be found here:
https://github.com/corna/me_cleaner
https://hardenedlinux.github.io/firmwar ... ridge.html

Dynamicmetaflow

#1094 Post by Dynamicmetaflow » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:44 am

9R wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:53 pm
Dynamicmetaflow wrote:

I'll just write up all the steps of my build process so they are in one place for future reference.

:!: Disclaimer/SIdenote for anyone without prior coreboot experience: Please familiarize yourself with the coreboot documentation instead of just c&p-ing the commands below. If you turn your x230 into a handy paperweight by following this description it is not my fault, especially if you don't read the documentation.

Start reading here:
x230 specifics (mainly for flashing) -> https://www.coreboot.org/Board:lenovo/x230

These steps should create a bootable coreboot-image for the x230 with seabios. This image will only work with a the FHD-mod. LVDS-output will not be available.

# 1. clone coreboot repo
cd coreboot

# 2. checkout the fhd patch (c&p from download at https://review.coreboot.org/c/coreboot/+/28950 )
git fetch https://review.coreboot.org/coreboot refs/changes/50/28950/3 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD

# 3. apply all commits from master branch that happened after the patch was submitted

# 4. get the submodules

# 6. create x230 specific defconfig (remove comments in the last 5 lines if you want to add optional secondary payloads)
CONFIG_USE_BLOBS=y
CONFIG_VENDOR_LENOVO=y
CONFIG_PCIEXP_CLK_PM=y
EOF

make defconfig

make menuconfig

make
The resulting image at build/coreboot.rom has a size of 12Mb. You will only need the 4Mb at the end for the upper flash chip (read links above if you don't know what that means)

First time flashing has to be done with an external programmer. :!: Detach battery & power cable from the x230 before attaching the programmer.
You can use a RaspberryPi or a buspirate (theoretically, I couldn´t make it work) as a programmer. Best option in my point of view in terms of easy of use, speed & reliability is using a CH341A programmer attached to another laptop with an additional 3.3V power source.

After Coreboot is installed, further flashing can be done with the internal programmer.
:!: Internal flashing requires to boot with this kernel commandline parameter (eg. can be added before flashing during a reboot in grub):

iomem=relaxed
For quick and easy internal flashing you can write the flash layout to a file and pass it to flashrom like this:

EOF

#flash coreboot image
sudo flashrom -p internal --layout x230_flash_layout.txt --image bios -w build/coreboot.rom
Bonus:
Since you have disassembled your x230 for flashing anyway consider deactivation intel ME, too. Further reading on this topic can be found here:

9R, thank you for taking the time to do a write-up of your build process. I extremely appreciate it and I wouldn't be able to get this far without your support :bow: :bow: :bow: . Yesterday, I spent some time and successfully followed all of the steps from your build process, including being able to do internal flashing using flashrom.

I have noticed some improvements:
- The eDP-1 is detected and all it's modes as indicated by xrandr.
- There is no phantom display, i.e LVDS-1
- I'm able to see an image when SeaBios boots up (using master and 1.11 revision)

UPDATE:
From dmesg:

[   33.645500] [drm:intel_dp_start_link_train [i915]] *ERROR* [CONNECTOR:79:eDP-1] Link Training failed at link rate = 270000, lane count = 2
When the computer boots up I'm able to see SeBios but once I'm loaded to the display manager (lightdm) the screen is black.

- When presented with the display manager and placing the computer to sleep and waking it up, I'm presented with an image on the LCD and can use it with all of it's 1920x1080 glory!.

Thank you Nitrocaster, 9R and everyone in this community!

Getting brightness controls working and having the the LCD work from boot to desktop is next. At least now I have a functional laptop!

If you or anyone has any additional suggestions of changes to make, I'm open to trying them out. At the the moment I'm stumped and not sure how else to proceed.

Troubleshooting:
- I'm not able to see the display manager(lightdm gdm3) and after login(after connecting to an external monitor) the screen remains black (although backlight is on and xrandr recognizes it as being connected)
- Suspend controls are not working

I'm currently running Xubuntu and have tried using Manjaro i3wm Community. I've also tried the 4.18 and 4.19 kernel

Two thoughts come to mind:
- After completing the flash did you make any additional modifications to your installation? Something related to xorg? or perhaps a kernel commandline parameter?
- I'm using the NV125FHM-N62 panel - http://www.panelook.com/NV125FHM-N62_BO ... 29324.html
- Perhaps the changes made to coreboot in mainboard/lenovo/variants/x230fhd require additional changes to support this panel?

la-luva

#1095 Post by la-luva » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi.

Will there be more FHD kit available in near future?

Regards Lars
T40, T43, T61, T61w, X40, X61T, X61, X61, X601S, X200s, X201, X220 i5, X220 i7, X230 i5, X230T, X240, X260, T430 i5,

dwhacks

#1096 Post by dwhacks » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:30 am

Dynamicmetaflow wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:44 am

- After completing the flash did you make any additional modifications to your installation? Something related to xorg? or perhaps a kernel commandline parameter?
- I'm using the NV125FHM-N62 panel - http://www.panelook.com/NV125FHM-N62_BO ... 29324.html
- Perhaps the changes made to coreboot in mainboard/lenovo/variants/x230fhd require additional changes to support this panel?
That is the same panel I am using on my x220. My brightness control works great, and I have reverted back to stock bios (theres no x220 coreboot with the mod yet) and I can only get my screen to display after putting the lappy to sleep and waking it. I'm now wondering is this is BOE panel specific...

Dynamicmetaflow

#1097 Post by Dynamicmetaflow » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:15 pm

dwhacks wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:30 am
Dynamicmetaflow wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:44 am

That is the same panel I am using on my x220. My brightness control works great, and I have reverted back to stock bios (theres no x220 coreboot with the mod yet) and I can only get my screen to display after putting the lappy to sleep and waking it. I'm now wondering is this is BOE panel specific...
Interesting that we have similar results. I too wonder if this is BOE specific issue, it would be great to hear from others who have this panel and what has been their experience.

I'm running an X230 with the X220 keyboard mod flashed with Coreboot and applied the VBT patch. Over the past few days I've been trying to get the display to boot up properly without a black screen and to have functional brightness controls but I haven't had success.

dwhacks

#1098 Post by dwhacks » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:29 pm

any ideas Nitrocaster? i'd love to get this figured out, and id prefer not buying another panel.

Dynamicmetaflow

#1099 Post by Dynamicmetaflow » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:32 am

9R wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:53 pm
Dynamicmetaflow wrote:

Start reading here:

# 1. clone coreboot repo
cd coreboot

# 4. get the submodules

CONFIG_USE_BLOBS=y
CONFIG_VENDOR_LENOVO=y
CONFIG_PCIEXP_CLK_PM=y
EOF

make defconfig

make menuconfig

make

iomem=relaxed

EOF

#flash coreboot image
Bonus:
Thank you for your guide! Out of curiosity, what LCD panel do you have? I'm curious if the issues I'm running into are specific to the LCD panel I'm using or not.

Thank you for your time!

chrismfz

#1100 Post by chrismfz » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:06 am

la-luva wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:18 pm
Hi.

Will there be more FHD kit available in near future?

Regards Lars
I also tried to order 3 times in the last 6 months but the invoice never came on my gmail. Any ideas anyone ?

kosyx

#1101 Post by kosyx » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:54 pm

I am having an issue with Linux Mint 19 Tara. 4.15.0-39 kernel.

I have a phantom display LVDS-1 and my brightness control does not work once logged in. I disabled the LVDS display inside Cinnamon and set DP-3 to the primary display. The brightness control works on the login screen but not in Cinnamon. I have tried all the acpi boot settings and such. Does anyone here have any insight as to why this is not working for me?

Thanks

CrazyTPFan
Sophomore Member

#1102 Post by CrazyTPFan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:16 am

kosyx wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:54 pm
I am having an issue with Linux Mint 19 Tara. 4.15.0-39 kernel.

I have a phantom display LVDS-1 and my brightness control does not work once logged in. I disabled the LVDS display inside Cinnamon and set DP-3 to the primary display. The brightness control works on the login screen but not in Cinnamon. I have tried all the acpi boot settings and such. Does anyone here have any insight as to why this is not working for me?

Thanks
Might be a driver issue or something not working right.

kosyx

#1103 Post by kosyx » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:33 am

CrazyTPFan wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:16 am

Everything is the most recent driver

CrazyTPFan
Sophomore Member

#1104 Post by CrazyTPFan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:26 pm

kosyx wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:33 am
CrazyTPFan wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:16 am

Just because it has the most recent driver doesn't mean that there's no issue.

kosyx

#1105 Post by kosyx » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:38 pm

CrazyTPFan wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:26 pm
kosyx wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:33 am

Got it fixed, thanks though.

CrazyTPFan
Sophomore Member

#1106 Post by CrazyTPFan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:32 pm

kosyx wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:38 pm
CrazyTPFan wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:26 pm

Got it fixed, thanks though.
Good, hope you enjoy it!

lrls

#1107 Post by lrls » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:00 pm

Is Nitrocaster still selling this mod? I am interested in buying from the US, but others are posting that they haven't yet received an invoice even after 6+ months. Should I look for another mod kit to buy from Taobao?

eseka

#1108 Post by eseka » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:47 pm

lrls wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:00 pm
Is Nitrocaster still selling this mod? I am interested in buying from the US, but others are posting that they haven't yet received an invoice even after 6+ months. Should I look for another mod kit to buy from Taobao?
same situation.
I applied to the list few months ago without luck...
I don't know how to buy in Taobao.
I'm from EU

HenryLeas13

#1109 Post by HenryLeas13 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:04 am

I found this very interesting tread and i was wondering if there has been any developments or updates on the FHD mod for the x220t/230t.
Thank you.

henry5

#1110 Post by henry5 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:37 am

eseka wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:47 pm

same situation.
I applied to the list few months ago without luck...
I don't know how to buy in Taobao.
I'm from EU
here is this board but I dont have any instructions how to build this in.

You can use superbuy to order stuff from taobao. It is fairly easy.