Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

X200T finger and touch in Windows 7 and 10

X200/X201/X220 (including equivalent tablet models) and X300/X301 Series
Billaboard
Freshman Member

X200T finger and touch in Windows 7 and 10

#1 Post by Billaboard » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:47 pm

I asked about this some time ago, but times and Windows 10 have moved on.

I have a couple of X200T's, one on Windows 7, one on Windows 10, both 64-bit, both with the 'resistive' finger touch screen version.

I have been using an X201 for day to day things, but would really like to get the tablet feature of these machines working correctly.

The Windows 7 machine seems generally OK, but Windows 10 has been all over the place, with updates blowing away what I had set up and apparent changes in the way the screen relates to finger touch.

Currently, it's on W10 Version 1709, and device manager lists Wacom driver 7.3.1.6 and touch driver Gunze 2.5.1.0.

Pen input seems more or less OK, but the screen seems to respond to finger touch wildly and erratically if at all.

Previously I have had it working potentially satisfactorily, but only with an earlier Wacom driver (3.0.1.3) and after each restart having to go into Task Manager and restart WTabletServiceISD. On that early version of Windows 10 it appeared to setup correctly and respond when the big active icons in the start menu (eg Microsoft Store) were touched. At that time Windows 10 repeatedly updated the Wacom driver in spite of driver updates being turned off.

Something has changed in W10 and now the big icons are transparent to touch. I also keep losing (my bad) where I load driver 3.0.1.3 (note NOT 3.1.1.3) from, and 7.3.1.6 seems to have in some way come better, if not good.

I wondered if anyone else has got any further than me with this. I do realise that the machine is old, but good, and Windows 10 is new and not so good, but it would be nice to get the touch panel working with a touch-aware OS.

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: X200T finger and touch in Windows 7 and 10

#2 Post by RealBlackStuff » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:09 am

You need to tell Micro$haft to keep its dirty mitts off your drivers: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/take-back ... indows-10/
Scroll down to: Local Group Policy Editor and follow instructions there.
Lovely day for a Guinness! (The Real Black Stuff)
Lenovo: X240, X250, T440p, T480, M900 Tiny.

PS: the old Boardroom website is still available on the Wayback Machine

Billaboard
Freshman Member

Re: X200T finger and touch in Windows 7 and 10

#3 Post by Billaboard » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:27 am

Thanks for that. I hadn't tried the Group Policy Editor technique before.

I'll now be away some time as I seem to have found a lot of other things that have failed, eg auto rotation. I'm hopeless at taking notes as I go along, but it looks as though I'll have to.