Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

X220T functionality

X200/X201/X220 (including equivalent tablet models) and X300/X301 Series
Billaboard
Freshman Member

X220T functionality

#1 Post by Billaboard » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:43 am

Thought I'd start a new topic while I wait for the new mSATA disk to arrive.

I seem to have got everything tested out and working on this X220T in its form as delivered.

When getting the manual and auto screen rotate to work, there was a message that the second landscape setting was incompatible with the WWAN. Disabling WWAN cured this, but it seems an odd thing. Is that a "feature" of the X220T?

I then went into my box of random memory modules and found 2, 4GB PC3 1333MHz modules, so installed them. All went fine until I tried the screen rotation, whereupon I got a message saying something about the current setup is incompatible with the second landscape screen position. There was no info about what the incompatibility was. The machine then blue screened. Since then I've been using the machine without rotating the screen with no further problem.

I've now run Memtest86, where I get no errors, but a message "[NOTE] RAM may be vulnerable to high frequency row hammer bit flips." The Memtest website implies this may not be a problem in normal use. I wonder if anyone else can throw any light on this.

I'm thinking of putting one 2GB back to give 6GB as a temporary measure, which is a setup I have on an older Thinkpad. Is that sensible?

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: X220T functionality

#2 Post by RealBlackStuff » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:12 am

FYI: if you put a 2GB and a 4GB in, your memory will no longer run in Dual-Channel mode.
Probably not very noticeable.