Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Stylus won't scroll a Webpage but finger will. How can I change this?

X200/X201/X220 (including equivalent tablet models) and X300/X301 Series
RoscoeTheDog

Stylus won't scroll a Webpage but finger will. How can I change this?

#1 Post by RoscoeTheDog » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:41 pm

This is frusterating.

I have looked all over google and in my stylus pen settings/preferences and can see no options for this. I feel like this should be the default out of the box. My finger will work when I drag it across the screen to scroll up and down on a web page. But this doesn't work for the pen.

I'm at a loss. I've installed all the drivers and even installed an additional control panel/driver for the updated page from the walcom official website.

Is this not supported???

RoscoeTheDog

Re: Stylus won't scroll a Webpage but finger will. How can I change this?

#2 Post by RoscoeTheDog » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:37 am

I just installed W10 instead. I found the DPI adjustments, the better touch support and the drivers were all round MUCH better for this laptop/tablet.

My pen scrolling works like a charm now. +1

The only problem I've seen so far with W10 as far as touch goes, is for some reason google chrome will not let me grab the top window and reposition it. Internet explorer, firefox and all others work just fine in this reguard. It is only with the pen. With the touch, it will allow me to grab.

Very very weird behaviors and bugs with touch still. I can't believe these are still issues we are having with these devices in 2019.

as.nielo
Freshman Member

Re: Stylus won't scroll a Webpage but finger will. How can I change this?

#3 Post by as.nielo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:38 am

I rarely use stylus to browse internet, scrolling with fingers is more comfortable. However I used stylus alot when both touchpad and trackpoint gave up. Good thing its now back in sercice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk