Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Any Multitouch > 2 fingers? What if I upgrade Display?

X200/X201/X220 (including equivalent tablet models) and X300/X301 Series
RoscoeTheDog

Any Multitouch > 2 fingers? What if I upgrade Display?

#1 Post by RoscoeTheDog » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:53 pm

I just got my x220 on eBay and I'm playing around with it. The peripherals aren't what I thought they'd be. Track pad is really small, some other minor annoyances. I was a bit bummed out when I discovered that the multitouch display only supports two fingers at a time.

There's an android dev project going on right now called Bliss OS. It's an android ROM that runs nativly on x86/64 architecture. It runs android games very well compared to running it through an emulator. But I found it impossible to play some of my favorite games due to the mult-touch limitations.

I also booted it up in Windows 7 x64 bit SP1 with all the drivers installed. Again, two fingers work fine. When I did a test through a multi-touch webpage it seems to only register two fingers at a time. This indicates to me that this is more of a hardware limitation than software, since it's been tested on two touch-capable OS's.

If I were to buy into one of those 1080p display upgrades with the flashed IPS panels (which I've been considering anyway), would it be able to recognize more than 2 fingers?

Thinkpad4by3
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

Re: Any Multitouch > 2 fingers? What if I upgrade Display?

#2 Post by Thinkpad4by3 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:23 pm

No the X220T isn't going to recognize more than two fingers no matter what you do.

Now if you want to play your favorite games on a 12" display....just buy a 12" Android tablet.
Thinkpad4by3's Law of the Universe.

The efficiency of two screens equally sized with equal numbers if pixels are equal. The time spent by a 4:3 user complaining about 16:9 is proportional to the inefficiency working with a 16:9 display, therefore the amount of useful work extracted is equal.

RoscoeTheDog

Re: Any Multitouch > 2 fingers? What if I upgrade Display?

#3 Post by RoscoeTheDog » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:15 pm

yeah... but that costs more money :wink: