Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

X220 FHD Nitrocaster MOD won't boot (green power button blinking)

X200/X201/X220 (including equivalent tablet models) and X300/X301 series specific matters only.
phozon

X220 FHD Nitrocaster MOD won't boot (green power button blinking)

#1 Post by phozon » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:02 pm

Hello everyone,

I just received the Nitrocaster mod for my X220, I soldered it to my motherboard following all the instructions but my computer wont boot.

I just have the screen black but powered on and the power button is flashing green light. I looked it up on the internet and I think I fried the motherboard while soldering...

Has anyone ever had that issue before or anyone knows what I did wrong? I will check the cables tomorrow to be sure everything is plugged in.

I am also opened to conversations if anyone wants to talk here or DM.

Thank you!

riomdr

Re: X220 FHD Nitrocaster MOD won't boot (green power button blinking)

#2 Post by riomdr » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:08 am

phozon wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:02 pm
Hello everyone,

I just received the Nitrocaster mod for my X220, I soldered it to my motherboard following all the instructions but my computer wont boot.

I just have the screen black but powered on and the power button is flashing green light. I looked it up on the internet and I think I fried the motherboard while soldering...

Has anyone ever had that issue before or anyone knows what I did wrong? I will check the cables tomorrow to be sure everything is plugged in.

I am also opened to conversations if anyone wants to talk here or DM.

Thank you!
Im facing the exact same problem with mydevice. Any ideas? or is it already solved?