Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Finding a good X220 keyboard for X230 mod for a reasonable price

T400/T410/T420 and T500/T510/T520 Series
ZigFromLitva

Finding a good X220 keyboard for X230 mod for a reasonable price

#1 Post by ZigFromLitva » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:15 pm

Bought a keyboard from AliExpress - it was a counterfeit piece of [censored].

So now I am stuck on trying to find something from Lithuania, which is nearly impossible. I found an Alps one, but I at least want a Chicony, NMB would be a bonus. Postage from non EU is expensive. The only other option I have is to find something in Europe that would be for a reasonable price and postage wouldn't make up for a third of the keyboard.

Does anyone know a good place where I could get from a reliable seller? My budget is already slim, so above 50 Eur is no-go.

Thanks!

atagunov

Re: Finding a good X220 keyboard for X230 mod for a reasonable price

#2 Post by atagunov » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:50 pm

ZigFromLitva wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:15 pm
Bought a keyboard from AliExpress - it was a counterfeit piece of [censored].
Me too :( My current policy is buy only used keyboards from UK ebay, I'm in the UK now. They sell for £25-35, so under EUR 50 is totally achievable. Look at the photos especially of the back side. Only purchase from private sellers who post the photos of the real item, not some generic stock photo. Genuine vs non-genuine can - I hope - be told by the look of the back side. Don't they sell them in Lithuania or nearby?

I have just received my X2100 from https://www.xyte.ch/ , he's also https://www.reddit.com/user/xueyao This is essentially an upgraded X201. With it I asked for a Japanese keyboard. He was able to purchase one for me for a reasonable price and supplied it with the X2100. This keyboard is beautiful shiny, new and looks genuine. Not sure if he'll be interested to mess with a singular keyboard but you can ask. I paid over paypal. On the other hand the time it has taken XY to deliver the X2100 was considerable. I can vouch for him being thorough and honest though.

P.S. try to open the dispute on Aliexpress as soon as possible. It can be the time limit hasn't passed yet.. In my case by the time I got around to looking at the keyboard properly the time limit had passed.
X220, 2 *T520