i am wondering is someone can help me pin the issue: I recently added a 128GB msata ssd to my T420. When i check the disk for io i get this:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/output conv=fdatasync bs=384k count=1k; rm -f /tmp/output
1024+0 records in
1024+0 records out
402653184 bytes (403 MB, 384 MiB) copied, 1.86245 s, 216 MB/s
sudo hdparm -Tt /dev/sda
[sudo] password for XXXXX:
Timing cached reads: 9834 MB in 2.00 seconds = 4918.77 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 818 MB in 3.00 seconds = 272.28 MB/sec
but this is the issue .. when i try to close thunderbird ( email client ) it takes forever to close ..
i had another 128GB ssd disk ..in which when i close thunderbird ..its instantaneous ..
also the reboot takes forever
ps: i am not using any swap
i am thinking its got something to do with msata ... can someone help me out ?
SOLVED: google helped me out for someone with similar issue: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=2737619
- Senior Member
- Posts: 798
- Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 11:21 pm
- Location: Pardubice, Czech Republic
1. a keyboard shortcut to 'pkill thunderbird'
2. echo 'tmpfs /home/USER/.cache tmpfs noatime,size=512M 0 0' >> /etc/fstab
3. add entry to thunderbird 'browser.cache.disk.parent_directory' value = /home/USER/.cache
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests