[Please help! Advise Needed!] Lenovo T400 BIOS

T400/410/420 and T500/510/520 series specific matters only
AvilanceStudios

[Please help! Advise Needed!] Lenovo T400 BIOS

#1 Post by AvilanceStudios » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:09 pm

Hello everyone!

I have with me a Lenovo T400 7417CTO with Bios version 7UET94WW (3.24). From my understanding, I think there is already a modded version of my BIOS according to this post: https://forums.mydigitallife.info/thread...post779313

I actually went as far as booting into DOS (with the files provided in that post) but I was hesitant to run any commands. For one, I wasn't even sure who the manufacturer for the BIOS on my board is, that is, until I ran the Universal Bios Backup utility and I suppose it is showing up as a "Pheonix" as shown here:

I'm not sure whether or not to trust that this program picked up the correct BIOS manufacturer because regedit does not mention Phoenix anywhere, but it does say: BIOS Vendor: LENOVO.

If someone can please confirm with me that the modded files included in that forum post are compatible with my laptop, that would be great! Also, I am also a newbie when it comes to flashing modded bios files, can someone also give me some instructions on what command specifically I need to run when I get to DOS?

Much appreciated!

P.S: I would like to install an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth card and maybe it is also worth it to mention that I currently have this BIOS installed: https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc...uj49u6.exe (I noticed in the thread that they were using 7uuj49us, does this make a difference?)

4uk4a

Re: [Please help! Advise Needed!] Lenovo T400 BIOS

#2 Post by 4uk4a » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:29 am

The file name ends with "US.EXE" for 32-bit, "U6.EXE" for 64-bit Windows - see(https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/p ... uj49us.txt)

You have the required BIOS

From the folder: ThinkPad_T400_7UET94WW_7VET95WW_NWL \ bios_mod \ 7UET94WW copy all files to the USB flash drive with DOS

reset BIOS settings by default

booting into DOS
command - flash.BAT

or

phlash16.exe /X /S 01B8200.ROM
Wait...

Attention:
Do not turn off or suspend the computer until the update has been completed.
IF YOU DO THAT WHILE THE UPDATE IS STILL IN PROGRESS, THE SYSTEM BOARD MAY HAVE TO BE REPLACED.

Get into the BIOS after reboot, reset BIOS settings by default.

AvilanceStudios

Re: [Please help! Advise Needed!] Lenovo T400 BIOS

#3 Post by AvilanceStudios » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:10 pm

4uk4a,

THANK YOU so much for the reply. I did get it working as per your instructions! In fear of messing something up with entering switches in the command line haha, I just put in 'flash' without quotes and it did it's thing. After that, I'm rocking with a dell wlan card (Lol not what I want in there but it passed the test!)

Appreciate it, and hopefully this thread can help any others out there as well!

:)