Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T420 Won't Wake Up

T400/T410/T420 and T500/T510/T520 Series
T420User

T420 Won't Wake Up

#1 Post by T420User » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi everyone,
I own a Lenovo ThinkPad T420 Type 4180 & it runs Windows 10 Home. About 2 months ago the machine developed a problem with "waking" from sleep. Suppose I close the display and snap it shut. Suppose further I leave the machine plugged in to charge. Now suppose I try to turn on the machine without having it plugged in. The machine won't start up. However, if I plug the machine in thereafter, it will then start up. When I check the battery power level, it will be at 95% or higher. Alternatively, if I leave the machine's screen up, & then try to turn on the machine without having it connected to a power supply, it will usually start right up. I recently ran a diagnostic scan using Lenovo Solution Center & no problems showed. I also ran a scan using the Lenovo website to see if I needed to update drivers but it said everything was fine. What do people think the issue is? Software setting? Battery? Motherboard? Something else?