Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T420 touchpad woe (w/ Coreboot)

T400/T410/T420 and T500/T510/T520 Series
NGBRO

T420 touchpad woe (w/ Coreboot)

#1 Post by NGBRO » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:39 am

I had finally and succesfully flashed Coreboot (well not my own build, yet; used one of those provided in the Dropbox) after some trouble disassembling and soldering wires and putting it back together days ago. Meanwhile, had upgraded to HD+ (1600x900) screen beforehand.

Booted right up (after a CMOS reset) and fresh install of Windows 10. Running absolutely fine with the i7-3632QM I've installed in the place of the factory i5-2520M. Applied Arctic MX and temp maxed out at ~80C at 100% all cores/threads. While there are some quirks, but they don't really affect my usage.

However, I could never get the touchpad and its buttons to work, even after installing the modified drivers from the Dropbox included in this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comme ... e_are_the/

Is there anything or steps I'm missing etc? At first I thought it was improper connection of the palmrest cable, but not the case as Bluetooth works fine.

Help appreciated. I'm really close to having a fully-operational IB-powered T420. Thanks!