Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Cap locks screen Icon?

T400/410/420 and T500/510/520 series specific matters only
Rockrz
Sophomore Member

Cap locks screen Icon?

#1 Post by Rockrz » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:27 pm

I didn't want to install the entire Thinkvantage program... but I would like to have the icon for caps lock, volume on my new T530 I'm tinkering with

Is there some place I can download just these screen icons, or do I need to install the Thinkvantage program program?

If so, where can I download the Thinkvantage program these days?

Rockrz
Sophomore Member

Re: Cap locks screen Icon?

#2 Post by Rockrz » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:51 pm

I just tried installing the Lenovo System update I had in my Programs folder and it is "System Update 5"

When I installed that and tried to run it, I got a message saying there are no updates for my system which is a T530 with a fresh install of Win 7 Pro in a Samsung SSD with 16gigs of RAM installed (runs fast!)

If anybody knows how I would go about getting the cap locks, volume, number locks, etc to show up on the screen, please let me know and please let me know where I can download whatever it i I need to install to accomplish this.

Rockrz
Sophomore Member

#3 Post by Rockrz » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:17 am

Well, after a little more research I found on Lenovo's website where they have this updater thingy bob where they scan your system and suggests updates to download one of which was the Hot Key package.

Now, I have the icon on the screen when I turn on caps... but unfortunately once I turn on caps and the icon appears on the screen, it doesn't want to go back home so it stays on the screen all the time.

Anybody know if there is a setting to make it go off after a few seconds and where one might find such settings?

RealBlackStuff
Admin
Admin

#4 Post by RealBlackStuff » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:55 am

Go to Control Panel/Display/Change display settings/Advanced settings, click tab On Screen Display.
Tick both 'Enable on screen display' and 'Show the indicator for a few seconds'.
Lovely day for a Guinness! (The Real Black Stuff)

Check out The Boardroom for Parts, Mods and Other Services.

Rockrz
Sophomore Member

#5 Post by Rockrz » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:18 am

Thank you!

I think I went thru this before, but this time I took notes and put this in my "Lenovo Laptop Stuff" folder so I'll have this on file...