W500/510/520 and W700/710 series specific matters only
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:40 pm
- Location: Brooklyn, NY USA
I've been using the media card reader slot a lot to load photos from a digital camera to the TP. Actually I'm using a micro-SD card in a "carrier" or adapter, making it the regular SD card size. It works fine in the camera, but in the card reader in the W520, the contact is inconsistent. (Sometimes the system doesn't read that the card is there.) I discover that my see-sawing the card a little, I can get contact and hence get the system to read the card. It didn't do this about 9 months ago.
- The card carrier is cheap and has worn out... or otherwise doesn't fit as snugly as it could. Try a different card carrier and see if contact is regular?
- The media card reader slot generally doesn't work well well with these card carriers. Stop using a micro-SD in a carrier in the camera and just use a regular SD card all around.
Thanks. Hope everyone is having a good year and summer.
- Posts: 1461
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:49 am
- Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Clean the contacts on the media card reader slot, I guess?
Daily driver: X220 4291-P79 i5-2520M
In reserve: X61 T7500, X60 T2300
In pieces: X60s CS U1300 [board only], two retired but working X61Ts
RIP: 760XD 9546-U9E
- 10 Replies
- 1278 Views
Last post by Omineca
Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:47 pm
- 0 Replies
- 272 Views
Last post by RealBlackStuff
Thu May 25, 2017 10:56 am
- 2 Replies
- 373 Views
Last post by Ratatata
Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:16 am
- 2 Replies
- 254 Views
Last post by durmada
Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:30 am
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests