Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

***OUTAGE of Jan 27, 2018***

BillMorrow
*Senior* Admin
*Senior* Admin

***OUTAGE of Jan 27, 2018***

#1 Post by BillMorrow » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:39 pm

The recent outage, apparently caused by the folks at HOSTMONSTER, is, hopefully, over..
Below is an email i received from hostmonster on Jan 24 at 9:55 pm..
Hey Bill,

HostMonster is dedicated to ensuring your account is secure and reliable, and your online success is our number-one priority.

With that in mind, we will be performing server maintenance from January 26 at 11:00PM until 4:00AM Eastern Time.

During this maintenance window, there will be approximately 30-60 minutes of downtime while work is performed.

We assure you that every effort is being made to minimize any impact to your site and ensure that your environment is restored to normal operation as soon as possible.

Thanks!

The HostMonster Team

HostMonster Support
http://www.hostmonster.com
For support go to http://hostmonster.com/help
when they did their "maintenance" they killed off my ENTIRE web presence..
no more billmorrow.com, no more thinkpads.com and no more forum.thinkpads.com..
Joe, who has been maintaining the forum and the thinkpads.com web site was working to get the forum back up but could not get into the cpanel or WHM so as to troubleshoot..
the passwords did not work.. nothing worked..
then HOSTMONSTER, those fellows who say:
We assure you that every effort is being made to minimize any impact to your site and ensure that your environment is restored to normal operation as soon as possible.

were working, i suppose, but not to restore the dedicated server i rent at $200 a month.. their support people gave me a time line of THREE to FIVE days to work on my trouble ticket..
THREE to FIVE days is their idea of:
dedicated to ensuring your account is secure and reliable, and your online success is our number-one priority.
SO, 502 ERRORS aside and much hair pulling and fulminations it seems we ARE back..
for as long as my $200 a month rent and hostmonster sees fit to give us ALL what i pay them for..
not to mention the work by Joe to sort it all out once we had access to cPanel and WHM (Web Host Manager)..

:)
Bill Morrow, kept by parrots :parrot: & cockatoos
Sysop - forum.thinkpads.com

She was not what you would call refined,
She was not what you would call unrefined,
She was the type of person who kept a parrot.
~~~Mark Twain~~~

Return to “Pending & Ongoing Outages”