Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

A22P XP Pro Need Browser to Activate

R30/R40, A30/A31, G40/G50 and Z60/Z61 Series. NOT for AMD-Ryzen.
chubbsville

A22P XP Pro Need Browser to Activate

#1 Post by chubbsville » Fri May 04, 2018 8:50 am

My A22P Lenovo laptop has P3, not P4 processor. Therefore, no "SSE2 support." I am installing XPPro with SP3 and IE8, from Brown Tech PC Software (Amazon 2-disk set). I have installed nearly all of the Lenovo XP Drivers. Now, it downloads Microsoft Windows upgrades, but no browser is working. Tried IE8, Firefox 52, Opera 36, Chrome 49, AOL 9.7VR, and AOL Shield. I cannot Activate this by Phone or by Internet. This is an A22P; Intel P3, 1 GHz, 512K max Ram. Is there a Browser made by anybody, or do I have a Hardware issue?
My intention is to use this OFF-LINE after activation. Yes, I do have XP Pro activation codes.
Thanks!

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: A22P XP Pro Need Browser to Activate

#2 Post by RealBlackStuff » Fri May 04, 2018 9:16 am

Welcome to the Forum.
If that XP came with a proper key, try this: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Windows-XP-Genuine-Forever
Lovely day for a Guinness! (The Real Black Stuff)
Lenovo: X240, X250, T440p, T480, M900 Tiny.

PS: the old Boardroom website is still available on the Wayback Machine

Screamer

Re: A22P XP Pro Need Browser to Activate

#3 Post by Screamer » Fri May 04, 2018 11:26 pm

I believe XP Professional Service Pack 3 can no longer activate itself, the last time I tried was a month ago and I doubt any of Microsoft's license activation servers were online to respond. You could try getting a preactivated disc or an .iso of XP Professional Service Pack 3 instead.
RealBlackStuff wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:16 am
Welcome to the Forum.
If that XP came with a proper key, try this: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Windows-XP-Genuine-Forever
Tried that and had gotten a popup that said "Windows is already activated", clicked the OK button and was forced back to the logon screen. This happened in a span of 31 or 30 days after I modified the registry.