Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Beware Update KB4457139

Windows 7 on ThinkPads
ajkula66
SuperUserGeorge
SuperUserGeorge

Re: Beware Update KB4457139

#31 Post by ajkula66 » Sat May 25, 2019 6:32 pm

skx wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:15 pm

how do you know that was the last virus/malware/spyware which affected you? today, malware wants to stay unnoticed and the windows users who follow up on their machines like a Linux user analyses the various logs can be counted on 1 hand :wink: let's agree you assume you were not malware infected since 1993
LOL to everyone who presumes that some of us old dogs haven't kept up with the new tricks... :roll:

You don't know me from a hole in the wall, have no clue of what I do for a living and are arrogant enough to presume that just because I don't subscribe to the security approach that is approved by your holiness I am therefore likely to find myself in harm's way.

I've seen things that you wouldn't believe. Now move on, and troll someone else someplace else.
...Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules...(King Crimson)

Cheers,

George (your grouchy retired FlexView farmer)

One FlexView to rule them all: A31p

Abused daily: T520, X200s

PMs requesting personal tech support will be ignored.

Dragunov
Freshman Member

#32 Post by Dragunov » Sun May 26, 2019 5:39 pm

skx wrote:
Dragunov wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:45 pm
Same here. The last Virus I had, was 1993, and that was a Jerusalem virus on an old, XT running Dos 3.3. I've never had any malware, although, I regularly run MawareBytes.
how do you know that was the last virus/malware/spyware which affected you? today, malware wants to stay unnoticed and the windows users who follow up on their machines like a Linux user analyses the various logs can be counted on 1 hand :wink: let's agree you assume you were not malware infected since 1993
I'm not assuming anything. I scan for them regularly, scan my registry manually regularly, task mgr, etc. That's how I know. I have written my own patches for years, as I'm a programmer. I wrote security patches for SIPRNET systems for the DoD. You're not talking to a N00b here, sonny.

Dragunov
Freshman Member

#33 Post by Dragunov » Sun May 26, 2019 5:43 pm

ajkula66 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:32 pm
skx wrote:

LOL to everyone who presumes that some of us old dogs haven't kept up with the new tricks... :roll:

You don't know me from a hole in the wall, have no clue of what I do for a living and are arrogant enough to presume that just because I don't subscribe to the security approach that is approved by your holiness I am therefore likely to find myself in harm's way.

I've seen things that you wouldn't believe. Now move on, and troll someone else someplace else.
SOOOOO True!

The "Kids" don't like it when we old timers come by and fix things with a hammer, ay? :lol:

Been working on computers since punch card days.

nikki605

#34 Post by nikki605 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:17 am

Dragunov wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 5:43 pm

Been working on computers since punch card days.
Me - since paper tape days. :o
Gary A.

lenovo: T490 (20N20028US) | i7-8565U | 16GB | 512GB SSD | FHD LED | WiFi 9560 | Bluetooth | Webcam | Win10 Pro x64 | Full System Specs