Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Azurewave AW-CB160H Driver

Windows 7 on ThinkPads
TPFanatic
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

Azurewave AW-CB160H Driver

#1 Post by TPFanatic » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:56 pm

So you decide you want to install an Azurewave AW-CB160H (Broadcom BCM94360HMB) in your ThinkPad.
AW-CB160H is a unique Mini PCI-E WLAN card that it uses the first generation slot but has MHF4 (1.5mm) antenna jacks. It has 3 jacks, is Wireless C, and has built in Bluetooth 4.0.

Personally I buyed this card for my X330 which was fit with MHF4 antennae, but I want a Mini PCI-E card as the NGFF card adapters impose on the WWAN/mSATA slot. This is despite the X330 also having a pair of MHF1 antennae fit but for some reason in my machine they perform awfully.

The problem I run into with this card is that there is no OEM Windows 7 driver for it from laptop manufacturers. Luckily the Asus PCE AC68 desktop network card uses the same Broadcom BCM94360HMB chip and it has Windows 7 drivers, that when installed enable the card's functionality in the X330 or presumably any other [censored] machine you run it with Win 7 on.