Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Inside the store that only accepts personal data as currency

Talk about "WhatEVER !"..
Puppy
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

Inside the store that only accepts personal data as currency

#1 Post by Puppy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:37 am

https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/07/dat ... -ben-eine/

To emphasise that point, cybersecurity firm Kaspersky Lab is running a pop-up shop in London called The Data Dollar Store this week. Inside, you'll find exclusive t-shirts, mugs and screen prints by street artist Ben Eine. The catch? You can only buy them by giving up some personal data.

Excellent experiment :lol: Many people think that "free" services like Google or Facebook that 100% rely on colleting personal data only for targeted ads are ok :roll: since you don't have to pay by money for that. Such a big mistake because your personal data are the most valuable commodity these days.
ThinkPad (1992 - 2012): R51, X31, X220
Huawei MateBook 13

Thinkpad4by3
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

Re: Inside the store that only accepts personal data as currency

#2 Post by Thinkpad4by3 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:46 am

And that's why I still use Microsoft Office, and give little to no information to anyone else. My Data is MINE!!!
Thinkpad4by3's Law of the Universe.

The efficiency of two screens equally sized with equal numbers if pixels are equal. The time spent by a 4:3 user complaining about 16:9 is proportional to the inefficiency working with a 16:9 display, therefore the amount of useful work extracted is equal.

Puppy
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#3 Post by Puppy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:50 am

Yes, that's why I use my own mail server on my own domain. That's the only reliable communication channel. I created Facebook account lately (provided minimum information) to access some discussion groups that are unfortunately on that crap only :( While I haven't posted anything offensive, the account has been already blocked five times without giving a single reason. So it is something absolutely unreliable but comes "for free" :roll:
ThinkPad (1992 - 2012): R51, X31, X220
Huawei MateBook 13

Thinkpad4by3
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#4 Post by Thinkpad4by3 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:51 am

Private email domains all the way!! The only problem is when you give them the email and you say the domain that they are like "whaaa???"
Thinkpad4by3's Law of the Universe.

The efficiency of two screens equally sized with equal numbers if pixels are equal. The time spent by a 4:3 user complaining about 16:9 is proportional to the inefficiency working with a 16:9 display, therefore the amount of useful work extracted is equal.