Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Re: Panasonic's new SV-series

Talk about "WhatEVER !"..
Self_Propelled_Crane

#1 Post by Self_Propelled_Crane » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:03 am

https://panasonic.jp/cns/pc/products/sv7l/

This was also on reddit and I felt I had to share it for some discussion. Does anyone have experience with Panasonic's let's note laptops (like build quality, keyboard, trackpad, ease of part replacement, is the ram module(s) soldered?, etc)
Has plans to make a Frankenpad. Please sell a Thinkpad T60 or T60p with a 1600x1200 screen resolution to me. :D

Summilux

#2 Post by Summilux » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:31 am

Thanks for the link. I see there's also a 3:2 detachable tablet model : https://panasonic.jp/cns/pc/products/xz6l/

It says the tablet has an "anti-reflection protection film".

Man, I might buy that half-tablet thingy and pair it with a regular Thinkpad USB keyboard. Not sure how long the battery would last without its base, though.

Édith : 4,5h standalone & 9h coupled to the base, with small batteries ; 9h / 18,5h with large batteries.
Deathwisher
T60 2007-FSG (stolen)
X220 4287-CTO

ajkula66
SuperUserGeorge
SuperUserGeorge

#3 Post by ajkula66 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:50 am

Self_Propelled_Crane wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:03 am
Does anyone have experience with Panasonic's let's note laptops (like build quality, keyboard, trackpad, ease of part replacement, is the ram module(s) soldered?, etc)
I doubt that you'll find someone around here who is familiar with the current generation of Let's Note offerings...some of us have played with the older ones, so here's my take based on those:

The build quality is spectacular, leaps and bounds above anything else on the market.

Keyboards are acceptable on larger models, very shallow and toy-like on smaller ones. Trackpads are weird and to some extent counter-intuitive, but I ended up liking them a lot.

Parts replacement...duh. Every single Panasonic I've ever touched was a PITA to work on. No clue on whether the RAM module is soldered on the new ones.

If my eyes were any better, that 10.1" unit would've been in my possession already.

Hope this helps.
...Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules...(King Crimson)

Cheers,

George (your grouchy retired FlexView farmer)

One FlexView to rule them all: A31p

Abused daily: T520, X200s

PMs requesting personal tech support will be ignored.