Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

New Zealand border cops warn travelers that without handing over electronic passwords 'You shall not pass!'

Talk about "WhatEVER !"..
coolcat37
Sophomore Member

Re: New Zealand border cops warn travelers that without handing over electronic passwords 'You shall not pass!'

#31 Post by coolcat37 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:51 am

TonyJZX wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:37 am
The reality is that you cant do nothing.

I'm assuming you're an average person with a job and commitments. You going to demonstrate in the streets?

Further it feels like most political parties in the respective countries are ok with this.

People like to throw out quick slurs or sorts like 'sheep' but really, no one but a silent minority is against this sort of thing.

There's no revolution or reaction to this.

You say vote at the ballot box, this is nonsense since you're voting for the same thing.
The reality is the majority is too busy trying to survive to notice how hard they're being shafted. If they would be informed correctly they would not hand over their safeguards to governments.

TonyJZX

Re: New Zealand border cops warn travelers that without handing over electronic passwords 'You shall not pass!'

#32 Post by TonyJZX » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:13 pm

Most of us here are middle class educated folks in the western world. I'm guessing we have reasonable jobs and have reasonable expectations in western society of adequate housing food resources etc. Our kids are educated and although many of us are unhappy with our lot, we have a lot to be thankful for.

We're not going to jeopardise these things by doing unlawful activities on some fairly esoteric issues - until these issues directly hit us so we have no food no shelter or we're getting frisked in the streets by your local gestapo slash constabulary we'll continue with the bread and circuses.

My feeling is most of us have the only hope that a 'better govt.' is elected in next time 'round.

Or maybe you feel that the current govt. in whatever country you're in is already "the best".

But "the best" will always have incremental benefits to most people.

However people here are educated and will do well to keep abreast of issues like this and if it affects them, circumvent them. If you dont then you truly are 'the sheep'.

I assume you guys already keep a mental note of all the invasions of liberty going around every country?