Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

T7600G Overclocked Passmark Score? For Core 2 Duo Pricing/Performance Spreadsheet.

Talk about "WhatEVER !"..
Saucey

T7600G Overclocked Passmark Score? For Core 2 Duo Pricing/Performance Spreadsheet.

#1 Post by Saucey » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:42 am

Hi, I have been doing ebay pricing for most of the Core 2 Duo mobile processors and also getting Passmark benchmark scores of them (overall and single core).
I haven't been able to come across a T7600 benchmark nor one listed with the sSpec SL9U5.
Looking at the T7600 scores, its not that different from others, so any overclock results aren't abusing it.
Right now I wish I could buy a CPU and score this myself but financially I can't at this time. :banana:

i have a google spreadsheet I'm working on that advises the going rate on eBay & the passmark score, + some small things. Its based off the wikipedia spreadsheet + some extra info if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Although I'd like to make a spreadsheet or webpage listing each compatible CPU for each ThinkPad made during this era, i'm not sure it would be likely due to each little random gremlin the T/R60, Z61, T/R61, T400, T500 & W700 have and which CPUs don't just work without some mods and then some extra mods. Currently going to make one for the T61 though.

Anywho anyone who does a benchmark with an overclocked T7600G would be appreciated, I don't know if the base 2.33GHz model would get a different score than the regular T7600. But if you got a stable overclock, feel free sharing your score and your GHz. :)

edit:
The pricing here reflect soley on what I got on ebay, not to discourage any of you fellow members to sell your CPUs or laptops here at a different price. I'm only available to get pricing from the previous 3 months on eBay at the time of research... Forum integrity & word counts more here than most eBay sellers ofc. :thumbs-UP:
Coffee, ThinkPads & Nikon Fan.

Current: PixelBook & Precision 7730
Old Favorites: A31p, T43p, T430s

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: T7600G Overclocked Passmark Score? For Core 2 Duo Pricing/Performance Spreadsheet.

#2 Post by RealBlackStuff » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:39 am

Ever heard of cpuboss?
They benchmark almost any CPU against any other CPU, e.g.: T7600G vs T7600
Not sure though if they also do overclocking,
Lovely day for a Guinness! (The Real Black Stuff)

Screamer

Re: T7600G Overclocked Passmark Score? For Core 2 Duo Pricing/Performance Spreadsheet.

#3 Post by Screamer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:39 pm

Saucey wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:42 am
i have a google spreadsheet I'm working on that advises the going rate on eBay & the passmark score, + some small things. Its based off the wikipedia spreadsheet + some extra info if anyone is interested in seeing it.
Nice, but some of the information there is incorrect. The T7600 does not support Dynamic Acceleration, just like every Socket M processor. On the other hand, Dynamic Acceleration is supported by every Socket P processor in existence. With the exception of the Extreme series, such as the X7800, X7900, X9000, and X9100. The QX9200, and the QX9300 do support Dynamic Acceleration, as far as I remember. Same goes for the QX9100 (QAVK, locked multiplier).

The voltage column isn't incorrect, but you would definitely need to change the voltage range. Specifications-wise, they might make sense. Realistically, I doubt so. For example, I have never ever, seen a X9100 with a HFM (High Frequency Mode) VID of 1.150v. Nearly all of the X9100 processors I had, came with a HFM VID of 1.2375v. This goes for the X7800 and the X7900 too, but they are too high. The HFM VID for these 2 processors should be 1.2625v, based on my experience.

You might want to consider looking at Merom (4MiB)'s voltage column, because I am sure that not all of them has a HFM VID of 1.175v. Other than that, it looks fine.
Saucey wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:42 am
I don't know if the base 2.33GHz model would get a different score than the regular T7600.
It should not get a different score, since the T7600G is just a T7600 with its multiplier unlocked. Apart from the usual deviations on the score (inconsistent and not always the same), it is guaranteed to be identical to the T7600 in terms of performance.

I could get my X7800, then pin-mod in a different BSEL combination to bring it down to the 667MT/s bus, and benchmark it. This would perfectly replicate the T7600G's scores, overclocked or not. Plus, the X7800 uses the same Merom core as the T7600G does. Does this look okay to you?

Saucey

#4 Post by Saucey » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:31 am

Thank you Screamer!
I had mostly copy/paste off of Wikipedia so I presumed most of that info was correct. I guess thats what I get for having that info copied.
The voltages I had saw were different on Wikipedia than what Intel's site had stated.
The Dynamic Acceleration I had removed, I had just put it there for future CPU's ill be doing so I wanted the spreadsheet to be consistent with others.
The voltages might get the ax as well. :)

@RBS
I've seen CPU boss, they have benchmarks from Geekbench & Passmark. Sadly GeekBench has different versions so scores won't be that consistent. I'm hesitant to use it for now.
Coffee, ThinkPads & Nikon Fan.

Current: PixelBook & Precision 7730
Old Favorites: A31p, T43p, T430s