The best option nowadays is to get a 15.6" model with numeric pad and use it in non-numeric mode. Most of 14" models have no numeric pad and the keyboard layout has several annoyances:
- Dedicated PgUp/PgDn close to cursor keys and dedicated Home/End on the top of the keyboard - that's the current 6-row ThinkPad layout I hate the most because the cluster is broken.
- Dedicated PgUp/PgDn close to cursor keys and Home/End [Fn]-ed on these two keys - still not so comfortable.
- No dedicated four navigation keys at all, it is all [Fn]-ed on cursor keys - better than nothing. Some models supports it as option (HP Envy, Microsoft Surface)
- Dedicated four navgation keys located in the rightmost column, but small cursor up/down keys - almost close to ideal layout (HP Envy).
- Dedicated four navgation keys located in the rightmost column, but power button in the top-right corner.