Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

announcement regarding Vintage Computer Swap Meet in New Jersey

Talk about "WhatEVER !"..
chris2021

announcement regarding Vintage Computer Swap Meet in New Jersey

#1 Post by chris2021 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:48 am

Ok first off I'm brand new here, and this is my first post. I stumbled upon this forum searching for info about a "vintage" T61 I just received today in the mail, having purchased it on ebay. Chances are I have a few questions, at least, having bought it as a means to "natively" explore some 32 bit programming platforms, and wanted to do it in style via a Thinkpad (I'm aware the T61, as I understand it, came stock w/64 bit processors). But none of that is the subject of this particular posting.

What I wanted to talk about briefly was the Vintage Computer Federation East Swap Meet in Wall, NJ on Saturday February 26, 2022. The last one was in April last year and was a complete success. I was told there were about 60 vendor tables, and more are expected this year. This year it's going to be indoors. If you're within a few hours drive, or more if you're particularly adventurous, you really shouldn't miss it. It'll have really anything a vintage enthusiast might be looking for, including ... THINKPADS. A guy had a table full last year, and I stupidly didn't buy one (bought a lot of other stuff though), but I must have personally checked out everyone! They all worked!

Anyway it was a great day and well worth the effort it took to get there. Admission is free, seller tables are 20$ for the first, 10$ for additional tables. Details here:

https://vcfed.org/wp/vcf-swap-meet/

Hope to see you there. I'll formally introduce myself and discuss my new Thinkpad once I take a loom at what I've got.