Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

sync software

Talk about "WhatEVER !"..
Marin85
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

sync software

#1 Post by Marin85 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi,

I need to start syncing plenty of folders between my IBM Intellistation and my ThinkPad, so I am looking for a good software solution for this process. The 'market' seems vast and I have pretty much no idea of such software, so I am turning to you, guys and gals, for an advice. There are two important aspects:

1) The content sync-ing will be done either locally via direct LAN cable or through Internet. In the latter case, I assume I will need some type of encrypted connection, possibly VPN, between the two computers, which is probably a separate topic for itself...

2) The software should be able to perform 'one-way-syncing', that is, it should be able to adjust the contents on computer A to the contents on computer B regardless of the date of creation, size etc. of the files on both computers.

Since some of the files are mission-critical, I am looking for something reliable. I don't mind payware, but certainly I don't mind freeware, either.

Thanks in advance,
Marin

EDIT: No online or cloud solutions for me, thanks! :twisted:
IBM Lenovo Z61p | 15.4'' WUXGA | Intel Core 2 Duo T7400 2x 2.16GHz | 4 GB Kingston HyperX | Hitachi 7K500 500 GB + WD 1TB (USB) | ATI Mobility FireGL V5200 | ThinkPad Atheros a/b/g | Analog Devices AD1981HD | Win 7 x86 + ArchLinux 2009.08 x64 (number crunching)

dsvochak
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

sync software

#2 Post by dsvochak » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Syncback works well

http://www.2brightsparks.com/downloads.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to be an anarchist but I quit because there were too many rules