Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

ThinkPad X120e - unable to install the 'Hotkey Features Integration' utility

X100e/X120e/X130e/X140e Series
Buick

ThinkPad X120e - unable to install the 'Hotkey Features Integration' utility

#1 Post by Buick » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:29 pm

Hello,

i have a problem with installation of the Hotkey Features Integration utility on my ThinkPad X120e notebook under Windows XP respexctively the drivers for Windows XP Professional 32-bit. This utility won't install. It says something in the sence that the programme is not compatible with the system i.e. Windows XP. But this is nonsence because i downloaded the driver from the Lenovo website exactly for Windows XP 32-bit from here:
http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cz/cs/produ ... /downloads

Hotkey Features Integration for Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit), 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP and 2000 - ThinkPad (version 3.89.0100, 2015/06/01)
The file name is: 8jvu43ww.exe

First It seemed to me that Lenovo placed on this link wrong (incompatible) version of the programme. But i tried other versions of Hotkey Features Integration programme, even those from my original installation package for X61 respectively the older version which is working fine on X61 (need to mention that my X61 has a trouble with this original driver too but the older version 3.81.0100 resolved the issue).

So until now i tried these versions:

- 8jvu23ww (3.81.0100)
- 8jvu42ww (3.89.0000)
- 8jvu43ww (3.89.0100)

None of them is working. This is little mystery to me.. Because I use exactly same (of course original) installation of Windows XP Pro 32-bit, updated to SP3.

So what could be the cause of this strange behaviour? A language of my Czech OS? I guess hardly, because on my X61 it works. I guess it must be something related with X120e.
OR is there some interaction with some another driver which must be installed first? The truth is that i did not installed all the drivers yet, i go one by one and it takes time to me (i do not have lot of time at these days).

On one alternative (mirror) driver webpage www.notebook-driver.com i found 'Hotkey Features patch' (00vu01ww.exe) - http://www.notebook-driver.com/thinkpad-driver-id-6239. But the patch might be applied after installation process. But how to install the Hotkey Features utility..?

Here is the error message i get after trying to install:

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you!