I have been trying to install Windows 98 SE on my IBM Thinkpad 380XD + Dock, using the following steps:
1. FDISK and FORMAT from a Win98 floppy
2. XCOPY Win98 CD files to directory on drive (booted off floppy)
3. Remove CD, boot to floppy, start "SETUP.EXE /p j"
4. Normal install, saying no to both PCMCIA card driver popups.
5. Reboots to drive, sets up drivers.
However, after the last step, I receive the following Blue Screen of Death:
"A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0167:BFF9DFFF. The current application will be terminated."
I also have a Microsoft Serial Ball Mouse, and a Backpack parallel-port CD-Re-writer connected.
What could be going on here?
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests