Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

365XD Diskette Factory

Older ThinkPads from the 300, 500, 600, 700 Series, iSeries, Transnote etc.
retrodude26

365XD Diskette Factory

#1 Post by retrodude26 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:10 am

Hi, I am a longtime user of Thinkpad 365XD which was working fine for 21 years on Windows 95 without issue. Last week my IBM 1.1GB Travelstar hard drive failed and I have lost all my data and the hard drive is not recoverable and is dead.
I know back in the old days I created floppy diskettes from the "Diskette Factory" which was a folder on the C:\ which allowed me to Build and Remove Diskette Images from for all the device drivers to IBM's Factory settings. I no longer have these floppies and am trying to reinstall Windows 95. I noticed this forum has a drivers section up the top however it is not complete with what the IBM Thinkpad 365XD had come originally.

From memory, the diskette factory folder has as an executable file called Factory, which basically points to restoring image files from the "Disketts" folder on the C Drive. This contained over 20 image files (.DSK files) for drivers such as CompServe, CD-ROM, PCMCIA, Infrared, Thinkpad Video Graphics Adapter, WinCIM, TranXit CoSession, Thinkpad ESS Features for Windows 95, PCMCIA drivers etc..

Does anyone have a copy of the Diskette Factory or Disketts folder which housed diskette image files of IBMS factory software? Or can assist navigate me where I could find these.

Looking forward to hearing back. Thank you.

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: 365XD Diskette Factory

#2 Post by RealBlackStuff » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:21 am

Welcome to the Forum.

Have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=126014
They may have something compatible.
Also check here: http://ps-2.kev009.com/eprmhtml/epr2c/h5121.htm
Lovely day for a Guinness! (The Real Black Stuff)

beshad
Sophomore Member

#3 Post by beshad » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:37 pm

hi,

not sure if the link below is helpful but i just bought one of these for my 380XD which i bought with Windows 98 installed and i am planning to restore to 95. i thought it's worth having a bootable diskette and install CD.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Wind ... :rk:1:pf:0

Cheers

Beshad

retrodude26

#4 Post by retrodude26 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:02 pm

Thank you.

I have managed to build Win98SE and WIN NT from the ground up. All working good now.