Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Sound coming from one speaker on ThinkPad 600

Older ThinkPads.. from the 600, the 7xx, the iSeries, 300, 500, the Transnote and, of course, the 701
ZigFromLitva

Sound coming from one speaker on ThinkPad 600

#1 Post by ZigFromLitva » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:50 pm

Hello,

I recently switched from a ThinkPad 600E to a 600, mainly because the ThinkPad 600E has some problems with the CCFL that I'm not bothering to fix. So I boot up Windows on the 600, and I get sound only from the right speaker. I thought this was a driver problem (because beeps worked on the left speaker), but after installing and reinstalling audio drivers a hundred times, I don't even know what is the problem.
The suspect could be the the wristrest, because when I was disassembling my 600E, I broke the speaker ribbon. My friend then soldered jumper wires from the right to the left speaker, and that was the temporary fix. Now, because I got the 600, I removed the ribbon cable from the 600 wristrest and transferred it to the other one, because the wristrest from the 600E looked better. So now I have a 600E wristrest that I put on the 600. Is that a problem too?