Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Request for photos of ThinkPad 350, 350C or PS/Note 425 keyboard assembly [WARNING: pics inside]

Older ThinkPads from the 300, 500, 600, 700 Series, iSeries, Transnote etc.
sharktastica

Request for photos of ThinkPad 350, 350C or PS/Note 425 keyboard assembly [WARNING: pics inside]

#1 Post by sharktastica » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:59 pm

UPDATE: got 350 photos, still looking for PS/Note 425 photos as a point of comparison.

Hi!

As the title explains, I'm looking for photos of any of these three machine's keyboard assemblies. Specifically, of the back of them.

My interest in them is their apparent buckling rubber sleeves switches and the fact it seems to be a Lexmark-made keyboard with possibly a Model M designation (like the Model M6-1 designation of other early ThinkPad keyboards). As some may know, I work on archiving information on IBM and related keyboards, so photos specifically of the back of the keyboard and that sticker would be a big deal for me and to confirm my hypothesis.

Below are the only meaningful photos I've found before so far. The first one of a 350 keyboard confirms it uses buckling sleeves and the keycaps are markedly similar to Model M3/M4/M4-1, and the second low-resolution one shows a PS/Note 425 keyboard having what appears to be a Lexmark sticker of some sort on the back.

ImageImage
Sources: http://www.mars.dti.ne.jp/~ayase/tp/psnote425.htm, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bTzld1zEBU

Ultimately, I'm hoping to use this information on articles and wiki pages on my website to preserve these facts. So, any help would be much appreciated and I'm more than happy to give attribution. Cheers!
Last edited by sharktastica on Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

sharktastica

Re: Request for photos of ThinkPad 350, 350C or PS/Note 425 keyboard assembly [WARNING: pics inside]

#2 Post by sharktastica » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:56 am

I've now got photos for 350, although it seems its backplate sticker is different to that of PS/Note 425's from that low resolution photo from before. As such, still looking for 425 photos if anyone is able to help.