Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Lenovo E550 with OneLink Pro Dock DU9033S1 - Displayproblems

Edge / E-Series
tp77

Lenovo E550 with OneLink Pro Dock DU9033S1 - Displayproblems

#1 Post by tp77 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:02 am

Hello,

i need some help with a Lenovo E550 and a OneLink Pro Dock.

I have a problem with a OneLink Dock. I connected the OneLink Pro Dock DU9033S1 to my Lenovo E550 Notebook via OneLink.
I also installed the newest drivers from Lenovo.
But only the USB-Ports of the Dock are working. I think the LAN-Port also, i havent tried it yet.

If i connect the two Monitor/ Displays to the dock, they don't get a signal.

If the Displays are connected directly to the Notebook, they work normally.

One Display is connected to the Dock via Displayport. The other one is connected via DVI (Dock) to HDMI (Display).
I know its possible that the adaptered one makes some problems, but also the one with Displayport doesnt work.

Changing the Diplay-modi with "Windows + P" doesn't change anything regarding the problem. Tried all Modes.

Under "Settings -> System -> Display (Anzeige in german)" the external Displays doesn't get recognized.
Under "Farbprofil (colorprofile)" only "Laptop Internal LCD Monitor" is shown.

If I unplug the Display-cable from the Dock, the external Displays show "check calbe".
If the cables are connected both show "no signal".

If the IneLink-Dock is connected to the E550, the device Monitor shows "PnP-Monitor (Standard)". If I unplug the OneLink connection,this Monitor isnt shown anymore.
If i unplug one or both external monitors from the Dock, the monitos "PnP-Monitor (Standard)" still is shown.
The Laptop-Display is shown as "LCD 1366x768" in the Device-Manager permanently (of course).

As far as I can see, in th Device-Manager the Dock i only find in "Audio, Video and Gamecontroller" as "ThinkPad OneLink Pro Dock Audio".

-
If I try to Update the firmware of the Dock, this Error-message appears in the log-file:
"Version: 2.33.001
Update result: 254
Error description: Downloading the firmware data to storage failed"

I read in the internet that this is the normal error-message, if i try to make a firmware update without a connected/ recognized Display.
Also as i found, the firmware is actually/ nearly actually.

I tryed to make sure that the Display-Outputs of the Dock (DP and DVI) aren't defective doing this:
Plugged the DVI -> VGA-cable the Dock. Measured the Output of the VGA on Pin9 (to GND):+5V.
As I read on Wikipedia, this is right.

___
Hardware:

-Lenovo E550 with Win10 (newest Windows-Updates)

-OneLink Pro Dock DU9033S1

Displays:
- 1x HP Compaq LA2405wg

Tried with DP - DP and DVI - DVI => no Signal
Tried DVI - VGA-Adapter and VGA-Cable => no Signal

- 1x xy

Tried with DVI to VGA cable => no Signal

___

I also shut the notebook and started it via the dock, and the led of the dock and the Notebook are turning on.
But no signal on the external monitors. If I open the Notebook than, i see the login screen.

Thanks a lot!
Maybe anyone has an idea left.