Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

E 570 Waterproof Question

Edge / E-Series
J Walker

E 570 Waterproof Question

#1 Post by J Walker » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:27 pm

I had the unfortunate occasion to spill a small fraction of a glass of water onto my E 570 which fortunately was not running but it was in the sleep mode. I quickly drained the water from the laptop and then pressed the power button to send it to shutdown. Even that brought up the display for a few seconds. Fortunately it did display though. I left the computer off for three days and now I find that all is working normally. My question is whether the keyboard of the computer is waterproof? I know some Thinkpads are and wonder if this one is. In any case it seems that luck and quick action saved this laptop after a freak accident.

RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: E 570 Waterproof Question

#2 Post by RealBlackStuff » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:52 am

You should thoroughly check the keyboard and under it, to see if there is any liquid left.
Water can take quite a while before it evaporates.
Lovely day for a Guinness! (The Real Black Stuff)

J Walker

Re: E 570 Waterproof Question

#3 Post by J Walker » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:04 am

I hoped for some feedback on the spill resistant ability of the E 570 or other Thinkpads but no luck so far. I Googled it and had some luck. From that search I found that my E 570 is spill resistant. I am not inclined to remove the keyboard and look for water. The actions I took immediately after the spill were effective and water drained form the keyboard. Placing it in a window with direct sun must have helped because water does evaporate and there is at least a small amount of air circulation to the interior of the laptop. What Lenovo did on my model was enough to save it and I am very pleased.